Strategic Account Executive
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
Blend is hiring an exceptional Strategic Sales Account Executive responsible for generating new sales and growing existing customer revenue through transforming the technology that powers their consumer and residential lending processes. This will include diving deep into your customers’ and prospective customers’ organizations, understanding the business stakeholders, strategic objectives, and operating procedures. You will use this knowledge to acquire new customers, and increase current customers’ utilization of the Blend platform, as well as sell and implement new features and product offerings.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Lead and manage the entire sales cycle with prospects from first call through contract and pricing negotiations.
- Drive renewal process for current accounts leveraging internal and external resources to drive successful renewals in 2023
- Build and deepen executive relationships with assigned customer base to help influence their long-term technology and business decisions. You will be viewed as a trusted advisor to the customer by bringing strategic ideas on how to reach their business needs with Blend, and follow through with the execution and implementation of those ideas
- Lead detailed account strategy in generating and developing business growth opportunities, working cross-functionally with multiple lines of business including Home Buying Journey offerings, maximizing business impact and opening up opportunities with large enterprise customers
- Contribute to and shape the marketing strategies for specific accounts to drive usage and adoption
- Help to define Blend customer project plan with timeline and identified resources and understand implementation requirements: resource requirements, risks, budget impacts, etc.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of direct software sales experience, specifically strategic level SaaS
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with experience addressing C-level executives
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to develop a deep understanding of the Blend product, mortgage market and our customers' needs
- Self-starter with proven listening skills
- Experience in supporting complex client relationships while discovering opportunities for revenue growth
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $90,900 and $130,000. The stated base pay range would generally increase 10% for candidates in CA/NY and be reduced 5% for candidates outside of CO, IL, MA, TX, VA, WA, and DC. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Note: This particular role is eligible for a bonus component on top of the base salary listed.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401 (k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
Something looks off?