Corporate FP&A Analyst (Senior Level)
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The senior level Corporate FP&A will be an integral part of the Blend FP&A team. This role will evolve and will assume additional responsibilities based on performance, ownership, and ability to interact successfully with the business. This role will assist with the preparation of budgets, forecasts, monthly financial analysis and reporting and provide ad hoc analysis for the organization. We are looking for someone who makes confident and fact-based decisions and approaches problems from different perspectives in order to suggest and implement solutions.
How you'll contribute:
- Partner cross-functionally to drive annual budgeting and headcount planning process, strategic decisions and initiative prioritization
- Manage and participate in the analysis and interpretation of operating results, and preparation of executive reports
- Provide clear and impactful insight from Blend’s financial and operating results
- Improve Blend’s financial model in Adaptive by adding detail and complexity
- Review and improve existing assumptions based on past performance and changing business
- Develop and streamline FP&A processes to mitigate risk and find value within the business
- Update OPEX models with Actuals and conduct variance analysis
- Analyze trends and consolidation for Actuals, Forecast, and Budgets
- Drive improvements to the forecast drivers affecting accuracy
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven success partnering and collaborating across multiple functions
- Proven ability to understand how financial decisions impact business performance and strategy
- Strong Excel modeling and superior analytical skills
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Organized, flexible, and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Proven ability to think strategically and tackle open-ended problems
- Experience with Adaptive, NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, and Salesforce
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field is required. Masters/MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years Financial Planning and Analysis experience in the financial services industry. Experience in Technology mortgage or real estate a plus.
- Experience in financial planning tool (Adaptive, NetSuite, Workday, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, and Salesforce)
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold thing together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Learning on The Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
- Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $105,000 and $135,000. The stated base pay range would generally increase 10% for candidates in CA/NY and be reduced 5% for candidates outside of CA, NY, CO, IL, MA, TX, VA, WA, and DC. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
Something looks off?