Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
Blend is hiring a data analyst to help drive our Business Intelligence efforts. You will partner closely with leaders across the organization, working together to understand the how and why of people, team and company challenges, workflows and culture. The team is responsible for delivering data and insights that drive decision-making, execution, and investments for our product initiatives.
You will work cross-functionally with product, marketing, sales, engineering, finance, and our customer-facing teams enabling them with data and narratives about the customer journey. You’ll also work closely with other data teams, such as data engineering and product analytics, to ensure we are creating a strong data culture at Blend that enables our cross-functional partners to be more data-informed.
How You'll Contribute:
- Develop objectives and metrics, ensure priorities are data-driven, and balance short-term and long-term goals
- Develop deep analytical insights to inform and influence product roadmaps and business decisions and help improve the consumer experience
- Work closely with GTM and supporting operations teams to author and develop core data sets that empower analyses
- Deeply understand the business and proactively spot risks and opportunities
- Develop dashboards and define metrics that drive key business decisions
- Build and maintain scalable ETL pipelines via solutions such as Fivetran, Hightouch, and dbt.
- Design our Analytics and Business Intelligence architecture, assessing and implementing new technologies where fitting
- Work with our platform data engineering teams to continually make our data pipelines and tooling more resilient
- Build out and maintain core financial data sets that are used for billing customers. This includes building and monitoring unit tests that ensure our data pipeline is complete and accurate.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required from an accredited institution with a quantitative focus such as Economics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science OR 1-3 Years of Experience as a Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Data Scientist
- Must have strong SQL and data modeling skills, with experience applying skills to thoughtfully create data models in a warehouse environment.
- A proven track record of using analysis to drive key decisions and influence change
- Strong storyteller and ability to communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Demonstrated ability to define metrics for product areas, understand the right questions to ask and push back on stakeholders in the face of ambiguous, complex problems, and work with diverse teams with different goals
- A passion for documentation.
- A solution-oriented growth mindset. You’ll need to be a self-starter and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- A bias towards communication and collaboration with business and technical stakeholders.
- Quantitative rigor and systems thinking.
Nice to Have:
- Prior startup experience is preferred, but not required.
- Interest or experience in machine learning techniques (such as clustering, decision tree, and segmentation)
- Familiarity with a scientific computing language, such as Python, for data wrangling and statistical analysis
- Experience with a SQL focused data transformation framework such as dbt
- Experience with a Business Intelligence Tool such as Mode/Tableau
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $87,550 and $93,500. The stated base pay range would generally increase 10% for candidates in CA/NY and be reduced 5% for candidates outside of CO, IL, MA, TX, VA, WA, and DC. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Bi-Weekly remote all-hands
Something looks off?