Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing all tax-related matters for Blend. This individual will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local tax laws, as well as developing and implementing tax strategies that align with the company's overall business objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all tax planning and compliance activities for the company
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to minimize the company's tax liability while maximizing shareholder value
- Prepare and file property tax returns
- Review and ensure timely filing sales and use tax returns
- Review quarterly and annual tax provision and income tax disclosures
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process
- Respond to IRS notices, including the management and facilitation of IRS income tax audits
- Manage relationships with external tax advisors, ensuring that they are providing high-quality, cost-effective services
- Identify and manage tax-related risks and opportunities, and provide guidance to the company's executive leadership team on the potential tax implications of various business decisions
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; Master's degree in tax or a related field is preferred
- At least 7 years of relevant tax experience, a combination of Big Four Accounting Firms and corporate tax experience is preferred
- CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations and reporting requirements
- Experience in the preparation of property and sales tax returns
- Experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements
- Experience managing relationships with external tax advisors
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $125,000 and $155,000. The stated base pay range would generally be reduced 5% for candidates outside of CO, IL, MA, TX, VA, WA, and DC. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401 (k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more