Nurse Practitioner - Pennsylvania
Nurse Practitioner - Pennsylvania
The Advanced Practice Provider for CareBridge is a key member of the clinical team and is responsible for providing primary and urgent health care primarily via telehealth modalities to patients who receive Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) services through state Medicaid programs. The Provider works closely with the family and natural supports, paid caregivers, specialty and primary care physicians to ensure the patient receives the necessary care to keep them home.
- Provide compassionate care to diverse patients and their families.
- Manage the care of individuals with a multitude of health problems ranging from primary care to urgent care issues.
- Thrive as a member of the interdisciplinary team and facilitate the continuum of care.
- Deliver cost-effective, high-quality care to patients.
- Perform follow up and check in with patients to monitors chronic conditions to minimize exacerbations or treat in place.
- Completes unplanned, urgent, and/or emergent contacts as needed to meet patient needs.
- Adjusts visit frequency and schedule based upon patient needs.
- Addresses Advance Care Planning proactively; identifies surrogate decision maker (POA, Health Proxy, etc.).
- Manages patient’s medical care as appropriate including:
- Orders and monitors of diagnostics including laboratory studies, radiological studies, etc.
- Refers to appropriate specialists or community services, i.e., Therapy, DME
- Addresses recommended preventive and quality measures; acts to close or facilitate potential care gaps
- Identifies, assesses, diagnoses, treats acute changes of condition
- Uses Evidenced Based Practice
- Manages medication therapy effectively:
- Reviews and reconciles medications each visit
- Avoids high-risk medications
- Prescribes medication, adjusts dosages, discontinues medications as appropriate
- Simplifies medication regimen for improved adherence and safety
- Communicates effectively with entire care team including the patient’s community primary care provider and health plan care/service coordinator.
- Provides effective patient education using the Teach Back technique.
- Documents all patient encounters (in-home and telephonic) per documentation standards.
- Participates in clinical case conferences and other meetings as required.
- Obtain licensure in additional states as needed.
- Participates in on-call coverage for patient care.
- Maintains excellent punctuality and attendance during work hours.
- Maintains productivity standards as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Holds active, unencumbered Advanced Practice license in state of practice and ability to obtain licensure in additional states
- Compact Registered Nurse licensure (Nurse Practitioner)
- Credentialed in adult, family, or geriatric care
- Active DEA license
- Experience in care of adult, chronically ill patients
- Two or more years of practice experience of adult and chronic conditions
- Working knowledge of computers and ability to document effectively and efficiently in an electronic system
- Telehealth experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in HCC/Risk Adjustment and HEDIS preferred
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, be able to work independently and on a team, and the ability to stay on task
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Professional demeanor and a strong work ethic
- Preference given to NPs with active DEA, NPI and Medicaid #
Those who thrive at CareBridge tend to possess these qualities:
- An entrepreneurial spirit. Must be a tenacious self-starter.
- Flexible and adaptable to a constantly changing workload.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor and a down-to-earth nature.
Employment Type: Full-Time
CareBridge is a provider of technology and services that assist payers and states in caring for patients receiving long-term support services. CareBridge’s services include electronic visit verification (EVV), data aggregation, 24/7-member support, and benefit management. CareBridge is led by a team of healthcare service and technology veterans and is headquartered in East Nashville.