Nurse Practitioner - Acute CareTeam
Advanced Practice Provider - Acute Care Team
Must have an active compact RN license
The Acute APP for CareBridge is a key member of the clinical team and is responsible for providing timely care including diagnosing and treating acute illnesses/concerns through telehealth modalities to patients who receive Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) services through state Medicaid programs. The Acute APP works closely with the family and natural supports, paid caregivers, & specialists. CareerBridge providers & nurses, and primary care physicians to ensure the patient receives the necessary care to keep them home.
- Provide compassionate care to diverse patients and their families.
- Treats 20+ patients in one shift with the ability to provide quality, compassionate care in a timely manner.
- Treat individuals with many health problems, ranging from primary care to urgent care and emergent issues.
- Thrive as a member of the interdisciplinary team and facilitate the continuum of care.
- Reinforce cost-effective, high-quality care to patients.
- Completes unplanned, urgent, and/or emergent contacts as needed to meet patient needs.
- Adjusts visit frequency and schedule based upon patient needs.
- Addresses Advance Care Planning proactively; identifies surrogate decision maker (POA, Health Proxy, etc.).
- Active participation in quality improvement processes and initiatives and customer service programs.
- Reviews and reconciles medications
- Provides effective patient education using the Teach Back technique.
- Recognizes and responds promptly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Communicates effectively with entire care team including the patient’s community primary care provider and health plan care/service coordinator.
- Documents all patient encounters (in-home and telephonic) per documentation standards.
- Participates in clinical case conferences.
- Maintains excellent punctuality and attendance during work hours.
- Expected to work evenings, weekend, and holidays, which may include 8, 12, 24 & 48h shifts
- Holds active, unencumbered Advanced Practice license
- Credentialed in adult, family, or geriatric care
- Has active DEA license
- Experience in care of adult, chronically ill patients
- Two or more years of practice experience of adult and chronic conditions; experience in Emergency Department, or Urgent Care Setting preferred
- Working knowledge of computers and ability to document effectively and efficiently in an electronic system
- Preference given to NPs with active DEA, NPI and Medicaid #
- A current valid driver’s license
- Candidates with experience working with patients with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Must have multiple APP licensures; KS, TX, IA, TN, FL, MA, AZ, VA, NJ, PA, OH, MN, IN (not ALL states are required at the time of hire, but multiple licenses are preferred)
Those who thrive at CareBridge tend to possess these qualities:
- An entrepreneurial spirit. Must be a tenacious self-starter.
- Flexible and adaptable to a constantly changing workload.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor and a down-to-earth nature.
Employment Type: Full-Time
CareBridge is a provider of technology and services that assist payers and states in caring for patients receiving long-term support services. CareBridge’s services include electronic visit verification (EVV), data aggregation, 24/7-member support, and benefit management. CareBridge is led by a team of healthcare service and technology veterans and is headquartered in East Nashville.
Job Type: Full-time