Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Eating Recovery Center
We are currently seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join our team at the Eating Recovery Center in Northbrook and Oakbrook suburb locations. As a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, you will provide acute and chronic general medical care and treatment to patients admitted for behavioral health services. You will work in collaboration with an Eating Recovery Center physician and have direct care responsibilities with both child and adult patients.
- Obtain patient history and perform assessment through observation, interviews, and examinations.
- Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic studies.
- Provide counseling and education to patients and their families/caregivers regarding preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
- Provide care while promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making, and the right to self-determination.
- Work Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week in an onsite position.
- Broad-based general medical knowledge.
- Psychiatric experience working with psychiatric populations as a Psych tech or Floor Nursing is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with supervision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, seek consultation when needed, and take appropriate action.
- Knowledge of psychiatry and psychiatric drugs is preferred.
- Prior nursing experience in the identified area and certification in a specialty area is preferred.
- Master's degree in nursing and graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in the area of practice.
**Licenses and Certifications:**
- Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement.
- Allied Health credentialing through Medical Staff Services office.
- Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process.
- Certification by the ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center), licensing verification by the State Board of Nursing, search of the HSS, EPLS, and DEA systems.
- Competitive salaried position.
- Full benefits package starting on the 1st of the month after hire.
- Access to Modern Health, a mental wellness platform for your well-being.
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage.
- Parental leave and adoption assistance.
- Generous PTO accrual, with the ability to accrue up to 24 days.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Flexible spending account program.
- IAEDP Approved Supervisors on staff.
- Full-service credentialing.