Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Eating Recovery Center
We are actively seeking a dedicated and empathetic Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join our team at the Eating Recovery Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. This is a Partial Hospitalization setting (PHP).
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering acute and chronic general medical care and treatment to individuals admitted for behavioral health services. Working collaboratively with an Eating Recovery Center physician, you will have direct care responsibilities spanning both child and adult patients.
- Conduct comprehensive patient assessments, gathering medical history, and performing thorough examinations.
- Offer direct patient care, encompassing daily interactions and meticulous documentation for those in the partial hospitalization program (PHP).
- Order, execute, and interpret diagnostic studies to aid in accurate patient diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Provide counseling and education to patients, as well as their families/caregivers, covering preventative health, wellness, treatment options, and available community resources.
- Champion age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making, and the right to self-determination while delivering care.
- Maintain a consistent Monday through Friday schedule, working 40 hours per week in an onsite position.
- Possess a broad-based understanding of general medical knowledge.
- Previous experience in psychiatric settings, such as in a Psych Tech or Floor Nursing role, is mandatory.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking abilities, decisive judgment, and the capability to work under supervision.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, seeking consultation when necessary and taking appropriate action.
- Preferred knowledge of psychiatry and psychiatric drugs.
- Prior nursing experience in the identified area and certification in a specialty area are advantageous.
- Hold a master's degree in nursing and have graduated from an accredited Physician Assistant or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner program, specializing in the relevant area of practice.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of an unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license from the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement.
- Completion of Allied Health credentialing through the Medical Staff Services office.
- Prescriptive authority as appropriate, following the medical staff service privileging process.
- Certification by the ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center), licensing verification by the State Board of Nursing, and searches of the HSS, EPLS, and DEA systems are mandatory.
- Competitive salaried position.
- Full benefits package effective from the 1st of the month following hire.
- Access to Modern Health, a mental wellness platform for holistic well-being.
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage.
- Parental leave and adoption assistance.
- Generous PTO accrual, with the ability to accumulate up to 24 days.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Flexible spending account program.
- IAEDP Approved Supervisors on staff.
- Full-service credentialing support.