Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Eating Recovery Center
Seeking a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to care for individuals with eating disorders at our Eating Recovery Center in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
Who we are:
ERC Pathlight comprise the nation’s leading mental health care system dedicated to the treatment of eating disorders and primary mood, anxiety and trauma-related disorders. Working closely with patients and their families, our multi-disciplinary treatment programs illuminate the path forward and provide patients with a foundation for long-lasting mental wellness.
How you’ll serve our patients:
As a clinical professional at ERC Pathlight, you’ll be part of a team of exceptional clinicians who want to make a real impact in the lives of the patients they treat. Compassionate professionals who immerse themselves in a culture of collaboration and thrive on a team-based approach to successful patient outcomes. One of the pieces that makes our Physician opportunity unique and different from all others is that we work in an integrated care team. As a Physician you will be working closely with all disciplines to ensure top of the line care for our patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting: PHP/Residential
- Caseload: Average caseload of 18 patients per week
- Required: 2 patient contacts with documentation per week for RES/PHP patients
- Typical work week is 25 hours a week in direct patient care, remainder is treatment planning, collaborating across disciplines and with referring providers and professional development and training
- Treating ages 8-18 years of age
- Admissions are pre-screened by an admission team who draft an initial assessment. Admission assessments are team based and led by the psychiatrist; typically limited to 2 per day
- Schedule; 1.0 FTE working onsite Monday-Friday
- Call Schedule: Week-long home call rotation every 5-8 weeks
- Full-support staff including Therapists, Case Managers, Registered Dietitians, Full-time Primary Care Physicians, Registered Nurses and administrative support.
- Focus on superior patient care by practicing evidence-based, high quality, state of the science psychiatric medicine
- Opportunity to connect with leaders in the field and engage scholarly work for those interested
Must haves, great to haves and bonus qualities:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Completion of a psychiatric residency and Child and Adolescent fellowship OR Adolescent Medicine Fellowship from an accredited residency program
- Board eligible in in appropriate specialty (board certified preferred)
- Eating disorder specific experience is always welcomed but not required; weekly supervision is offered to provide support on case conceptualization and treatment planning. We support you to develop your expertise.
What we offer:
- Mission-driven organization treating the most complex cases
- Separate primary medical team (IM, FP, Peds) to manage medical complications of eating disorder
- Not held accountable if census is not there, not an RVU model
- Professional development and collaboration with experts
- Training in proven, evidence-based treatment modalities
- Career training, advancement, and leadership development
- Strong commitment to individual, family and group therapy
- Technology and tools that streamline administrative functions.
- A competency-driven core culture, offering a great place to work in addition to providing world-class care to our patients
- Web-based EMR designed specifically for Behavioral Healthcare?
Our benefits package for Physicians:
- Competitive wages & Advancement opportunities
- Full Benefits 1st of month after hire
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance
- Upon hire - accrue up to 24 days plus 3 additional Holidays
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account Program
- IAEDP™ Approved Supervisors on staff
- Professional Conferences
- Membership Dues
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Medical Licensure
- Full-service credentialing
- Relocation Packages that include temporary housing if relocating from area
- Continuing Education compensation and time off