Physical Therapist - Fort Washington, PA
Everside Health is a national on-site, near-site and virtual primary care provider on a mission to fix America’s broken healthcare delivery model. We are technology-driven and care-obsessed. With our expanding reach, scale, and expertise, we truly make an impact on a national level by serving more clients and improving the health of more people, all while achieving the goal of reducing the total cost of healthcare for employers and organizations. That’s why we exist – and our relentless focus through care delivery access, technology, transparency, and relationships drive us every day.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Physical Therapist is responsible for a combination of clinical and client facing worksite support. The Physical Therapist is responsible for assuring that all patients receive top notch musculoskeletal care. The Physical Therapist will carry out an individualized program of physical therapy including assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, education, and communication to maximize a patient's progress toward achieving functional goals. In addition, the Physical Therapist will help support the client in the worksite providing body mechanics education, ergonomics and safety information, wellness initiatives, and other non-clinical worksite support. The Physical Therapist will maintain a positive working relationship and collaboration with other health professionals and ancillary staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as part of care continuum and medical team, including but not limited to: physician, PA/NP, occupational therapist, health coach, medical assistant, etc.
- Administers appropriate physical therapy treatments including therapeutic exercise, therapeutic activities, manual therapies, modalities, and patient education.
- Based on results of thorough assessment, plans, and executes a thorough goal-directed treatment program that meets the patient's goals and provides positive outcome measures.
- Assist with care coordination and ensure patient seeks appropriate level of care or specialty and follows up accordingly.
- Supervises and directs PTA’s in accordance with professional guidelines.
- Teach in-home therapeutic exercises and stretches as part of treatment plan.
- Documents patient care services appropriately and promptly by charting in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains and develops professional knowledge and skills by reviewing professional publications and by attending continuing education.
- Develops physical therapy staff by providing evidence-based practice resources, developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Injury prevention education and worksite assessments as needed and/or applicable.
- Address ergonomic needs of client worksite as applicable/needed.
- Effectively communicates with interdisciplinary team in the planning and implementation of the patient’s plan of care.
- Attend all Everside Health center training sessions (including EMR training).
- Identify community health needs and strategies to address them.
- To advise on Everside Health policy within the continually changing environment of healthcare delivery.
- To schedule follow-up appointments, screenings, and tests for client company employees.
- Assist in outreach efforts with Everside Health to target those employees at highest risk of developing chronic diseases.
- BS, MS or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited university (CAPTE).
- Current license from the state Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Physical Therapist.
- Current BLS certification.
- Understanding of clinical documentation requirements utilizing electronic medical records software in accordance with state, federal, and APTA guidelines.
- Outpatient experience for adolescent and adult population.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present education materials to multiple levels within a client’s organization.
- Ergonomic training, certification, or experience a plus.
- Comfortable working with employees at all levels within an organization, working independently and with limited supervision.
- Consistently demonstrate professionalism in communications and relationships with patients, clients, co-workers, Everside corporate leadership and support staff, employers, prospects, vendors, and carriers.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at desk, and to stand in office/clinic location each workday.
- Duties require extensive standing and walking.
- Requires lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
- Duties require frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
- Ability to work in a climate-controlled office environment.
- Ability to conduct on-site meetings, on occasion, in a variety of environments.
- Ability to drive to and from client and vendor sites as needed.
- Ability to lift 20 (twenty) lbs. from time to time.
Pay Range: $90,000 - $115,000 annually for 1.0 FTE (40 hrs/wk)
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.
Everside Benefits Summary
We believe in empowering teammates to do their best work and build better healthcare. Below are some of our benefit offerings. Eligibility is based on 24/hr week.
- Health and Well-Being: Free Everside membership for in person and virtual care, employer paid life and disability insurance, and choice in medical/dental plans, vision, employer funded HSA, FSA, and voluntary illness, accident and hospitalization plans. Benefits are effective on the first of the month following date of hire.
- Financial Support: Competitive compensation, 401k match, access to financial coaching through our Employee Assistance Program
- Lifestyle: Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and more, holiday schedule
Learn more at https://www.eversidehealth.com/careers/