Medical Assistant - Danville, IL
Highlights of working at Everside Health:
- Competitive health benefits that start 1st of month after start date
- 15 days of PTO plus paid holidays
- No out-of-pocket cost for scrubs
- Pay Range: $17.00-$23.00/hr The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.
At Everside Health we are building the most trusted, accessible and personalized healthcare experience alongside our patients and clients. With 20+ years’ experience from our shared organizations, we hold a unified goal of building deep, trusted and lasting relationships with our patients and clients. As Everside Health, we are guided by our core principles of Patients First, Courage, Ingenuity, Community, and Fun.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Medical Assistant to join our team. The Medical Assistant is a key component of our care team and works closely with a primary care physician to deliver excellent patient care and provide an exceptional guest experience to our patients. Because of our unique model, our Medical Assistants oversee the full spectrum of the patient experience- acting both as a Medical Receptionist as well as assuming clinical responsibilities of a Medical Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Escorts patients to room and ensures that exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned and stocked
- Reviews previous medical information and gathers any relevant updated health information from the patient to inform the provider
- Take vitals, perform blood draws, give injections, bandage wounds, assist with procedures. Work with the contracted labs for additional tests
- Prepares and administers approved medications and immunizations via oral, topical, inhaled, intramuscular, subcutaneous or intradermal at the direction of and upon written order from the Provider
- Partners with other members of the care team to develop individual patient plan of care including identifying and working to address gaps in care
- Front desk duties, including: patient scheduling, medical record requests and abstraction, documentation, coordinate specialist visits, referrals, and other care outside of the clinic, check-in, check-out, etc.
- Records accurate and pertinent data in the medical record according to documentation guidelines
- Process test results and provide the patient with timely results via e-message, mail or phone as directed in written instructions by the Provider
- Participates in outreach to patients to drive engagement among eligible patient groups
- Maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment for treatments
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working as a Medical Assistant, preferably in Primary Care. May vary based on clinic needs
- Graduation from a formal Medical Assistant program or other related program
- National or state-specific MA certification or registration is strongly preferred. MA certification or registration is required for employment in States where certification/registration is required.
- CPR/BLS certification required at time of start date
- Phlebotomy experience is preferred
Everside Benefits Summary
We believe in empowering teammates to do their best work and build better healthcare. Below are some of our benefit offerings. Eligibility is based on 24/hr week.
- Health and Well-Being: Free Everside membership for in person and virtual care, employer paid life and disability insurance, and choice in medical/dental plans, vision, employer funded HSA, FSA, and voluntary illness, accident and hospitalization plans. Benefits are effective on the first of the month following date of hire.
- Financial Support: Competitive compensation, 401k match, access to financial coaching through our Employee Assistance Program
- Lifestyle: Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and more, holiday schedule
Learn more at https://www.eversidehealth.com/careers/