Registered Nurse, Topeka, KS
Everside Health is a national on-site, near-site and virtual primary care provider on a mission to fix America’s broken healthcare delivery model. We are technology-driven and care-obsessed. With our expanding reach, scale, and expertise, we truly make an impact on a national level by serving more clients and improving the health of more people, all while achieving the goal of reducing the total cost of healthcare for employers and organizations. That’s why we exist – and our relentless focus through care delivery access, technology, transparency, and relationships drives us every day.
- Interviews patient to determine medical problem/condition and documents in chart for physician.
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight.
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Documents services performed on appropriate forms.
- Dresses wounds as instructed. Applies compresses, ice and heat packs.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patients' charts.
- Assembles and uses clinic equipment.
- Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples.
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Cleans rooms and changes linens.
- Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
- Responds to patient or client telephone inquiries by evaluating and responding to the patient's/client problems and questions.
- Follows up with patients who miss appointments.
- Follows up with patients on lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
- Documents all encounters in the electronic medical record system (eCW) accurately and completely
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited program, Associate's degree (A.S.) and/or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse, Current Certification in Basic Life Support is required
- At least three years of clinical experience as an RN in an ambulatory care, occupational health, or emergency department setting.
- Knowledge about workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
- Strong computer skills (Internet software, spreadsheet, word processing etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft office products to include Word and Excel.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
Pay Range: $28.00-$35.00/hr
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.