PRN Registered Nurse - Dunkirk, NY
Everside Health is a national on-site, near-site and virtual primary care provider on a mission to fix America’s broken healthcare delivery model. We are technology-driven and care-obsessed. With our expanding reach, scale, and expertise, we truly make an impact on a national level by serving more clients and improving the health of more people, all while achieving the goal of reducing the total cost of healthcare for employers and organizations. That’s why we exist – and our relentless focus through care delivery access, technology, transparency, and relationships drives us every day.
- Uses nursing skills to evaluate patient care needs, prioritize treatment, and maintain patient flow.
- Conducts a nursing assessment by taking a patient history and initial physical assessment and by obtaining vital signs and other medical tests. Provides treatment within scope of practice as defined by state law.
- Collaborates with Everside Provider(s) to arrange for further medical treatment, when needed.
- Identifies equipment that needs repair and brings it to the attention of provider or Clinic Operations Director.
- Conducts appropriate laboratory tests and quality control procedures.
- Documents accurately all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications administered, discharge instructions provided, and follow up care arranged in electronic medical record system.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Administers medications and medical treatments competently as directed by Everside Provider(s).
- Maintains a clean and safe environment. Follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information.
- Participates in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits.
- Provides follow-up with employees to ensure efficacy of interventions and directives
- Coordinates and implements health promotion initiatives including health screenings, health assessments and health-related counseling/education
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehensions.
- Prepares equipment and aids other staff within the clinic setting during treatment and examination of the patient
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient
- Certificate from an accredited Nursing School or Associates’ degree (A.S.) is required. Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university is preferred.
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice required
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing, Certification in Emergency Nursing, or Certificate in Case Management preferred.
- At least three years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in an emergency room, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic.
- Experience with Microsoft office products to include Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
Pay Range: $30.00-40.00/hr
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.