Network Engineering Manager
ABOUT THE JOB
The role of Network Engineering Manager at Everside Health is a critical and dynamic position responsible for overseeing the intricate network infrastructure that underpins the delivery of healthcare services. As an integral part of our organization, you will lead a team of skilled network engineers to architect, maintain, and fortify our network, ensuring its reliability, security, and scalability. This pivotal role directly contributes to the provision of essential healthcare services and the safeguarding of sensitive patient information. If you are a seasoned network professional seeking to make a profound impact in a healthcare environment while advancing your career, this opportunity is tailored to your expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Network Infrastructure Management: Oversee the design, implementation, and day-to-day maintenance of the healthcare organization's network infrastructure, including wired and wireless networks, routers, switches, firewalls, and security appliances.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and manage a team of network engineers. Foster a collaborative work environment that promotes growth and development, ensuring the team remains skilled and efficient.
- Network Security: Implement and maintain robust security protocols, firewall rules, intrusion detection systems, and access controls to protect patient data and ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Capacity Planning: Collaborate with IT teams and stakeholders to plan and manage network capacity, ensuring it can support the organization's growth and evolving needs.
- Vendor and Budget Management: Manage vendor relationships, contracts, and budgets related to network hardware, software, and services, optimizing cost-efficiency.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Develop and maintain network disaster recovery plans to ensure the seamless availability of critical healthcare systems during network failures or emergencies.
- Performance Monitoring and Optimization: Implement network performance monitoring tools to identify and address issues proactively, ensuring the network operates at peak efficiency and reliability.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field plus a minimum of 5 years network engineering experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership or managerial role, preferably within the healthcare sector, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) are highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare industry regulations, especially HIPAA, and a demonstrated ability to ensure network compliance.
- Proficiency in network design, routing, switching, firewall configurations, and security protocols.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly when making critical decisions under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and diverse stakeholders.
Pay Range: $130,000 - $160,000/yr
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level. This position is also eligible for an annual incentive.
Everside Benefits Summary
We believe in empowering teammates to do their best work and build better healthcare. Below are some of our benefit offerings. Eligibility is based on 24/hr week.
- Health and Well-Being: Free Everside membership for in person and virtual care, employer paid life and disability insurance, and choice in medical/dental plans, vision, employer funded HSA, FSA, and voluntary illness, accident and hospitalization plans. Benefits are effective on the first of the month following date of hire.
- Financial Support: Competitive compensation, 401k match, access to financial coaching through our Employee Assistance Program
- Lifestyle: Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and more, holiday schedule
Learn more at https://www.eversidehealth.com/careers/