Supervisor, Clinical Operations - Waukesha, WI (40 Hours weekly, Monday-Friday with Benefits and PTO)
ABOUT THE JOB
The purpose of the role as a Supervisor, Clinical Operations at Everside Health is to coordinate all health center and administrative efforts as it pertains to health center operations. The Supervisor has responsibility in their health center(s) for direct supervision of Medical Assistants or LPNs, MA/LPN training, oversight of operational processes, and supporting the operations leader to maximize the success of the health centers. This teammate is expected to be an expert in all health center processes and a daily leader to the health centers that they oversee. The health center Supervisor indirectly assists all region-specific Providers by delivering supportive staff and coordinating health center functions. The supervisor may fill in to support a provider as a medical assistant when necessary. The Supervisor ensures that the health centers have supplies and resources to run efficiently. This position reports directly to and assists the operations leader in a collaborative effort to provide operational support for all health centers in the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps to create a safe clinical environment for patients, teammates, and providers
- Initial and ongoing training and orientation of assigned personnel (Medical Assistants or LPNs)
- Coordinates annual competency checks with each MA/LPN
- Ensures a safe and effective health center environment by monitoring staff performance/adherence to guidelines and standard protocols, such as infection control, proper PPE use, and others
- Works to ensure health center compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards (OSHA) and will provide recommendations and follow up actions to operational inefficiencies.
- Assists providers and MAs in working health center outcome metrics/performance guarantees
- Updates and executes operational processes such as health center checklist review and completion, inventory management, supply ordering, and onsite dispensing process oversight. Troubleshoots day-to-day operational challenges such as facility issues, staffing, and patient complaints in collaboration with the operations leader.
- Functions as a Medical Assistant in the health center(s) as operational needs demand, such as PTO, callouts, vacancies and over coverage needs. Supports program enrollment and engagement activities, as needed
- Manages supply orders
- Ensures efficiency of teammate workflow through continuous process improvement to eliminate waste and overtime.
- Reviews with operations leader the operational budget and investigates and works on any variances for controlled expenses, to ensure the health center stays within the budget parameters.
- Achieves patient satisfaction goals by creating a culture of service excellence.
- Reviews survey results to recognize strong performance and implement improvements.
- Improves patient care processes to ensure patient safety and an excellent patient experience.
- Ensures teammates are executing outreach, assist with marketing/communication plans, wellness toolkit, client event functions (health fairs, wellness councils).
- Ensure same day/next day access capacity by monitoring schedules.
- Direct supervision of all non-provider staff in the health centers.
- Manages care team scheduling, timesheets, performance reviews, goal planning and staffing for assigned health centers.
- Participates in the hiring, orientation, and ongoing supervision of non-provider health center team members in order to provide excellent patient experiences and reduce employee turnover. Ensuring optimal staffing at all times.
- Collaborates with operations leader and medical management. to create a productive and pleasant work environment. Provides opportunities for recognition; manages and resolves conflict and coordinates disciplinary processes.
High school diploma and graduation from a formal MA or nursing training program. Certification with the American Association of Medical Assistants or other national MA certification, preferred. 3+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant or LPN, preferably in a primary care/family practice environment. Minimum one year of leadership experience, such as in a Lead MA role. Excellent MA skills, including but not limited to phlebotomy, injections/immunizations, EKGs, sterilization techniques, EMR documentation, scheduling, and referral follow-up. Experience with inventory/supply management and knowledge of eClinicalWorks and Salesforce, preferred.
- Excellent communication, ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff, both internally and externally, in addition to patients
- Self-directed and able to work well independently and within a team
- Ability to collaborate with other team peers, management, and subordinates for continued process improvement
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Thorough understanding and commitment to the principles of wellness and prevention
- Passion for transforming the US healthcare system
- Willingness to travel extensively within the region.
Pay Range: $27.00-32.00/hr
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate’s years of experience and/or skill level.
Everside Benefits Summary
We believe in empowering teammates to do their best work and build better healthcare. Below are some of our benefit offerings. Eligibility is based on 24/hr week.
- Health and Well-Being: Free Everside membership for in person and virtual care, employer paid life and disability insurance, and choice in medical/dental plans, vision, employer funded HSA, FSA, and voluntary illness, accident and hospitalization plans. Benefits are effective on the first of the month following date of hire.
- Financial Support: Competitive compensation, 401k match, access to financial coaching through our Employee Assistance Program
- Lifestyle: Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and more, holiday schedule
Learn more at https://www.eversidehealth.com/careers/