Lead Provider, Primary Care Physician - Aroostook County, ME
Galileo is a team-based medical practice working to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all. Operating across 50 states, Galileo offers high-touch, data-driven, multi-specialty, longitudinal care to diverse and complex patients—on the phone, in the home, and everywhere in between. Regional and national health plans, employers, and Fortune 500 organizations trust Galileo as the leading solution to improve population health. Founded by Dr. Tom X. Lee, the healthcare pioneer behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo is a team of leading innovators from healthcare, technology, and human-centered design. Our mission is to apply that talent and scientific thinking to transform society by solving our largest, toughest healthcare problems, while at the same time bringing patient and provider closer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced, team-oriented primary care physician with a passion for and expertise in caring for Medicare and Medicaid patients in the community. This role will work collaboratively with other care team members to deliver exceptional, thoughtful care to a population with complex clinical and social needs.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage a panel of Medicaid/Medicare patients, delivering high quality and personalized care in a variety of settings including in patient homes, in clinic, and mobile clinic.
- Be the clinical go-to on a collaborative care team, partnering with advanced practitioners, nurses, social workers, and clinical Health Advocates. Health Advocates support our providers by performing acute duties in the patients’ homes and working alongside the providers to help patients meet health goals and overcome social barriers
- Partner with in-house clinical specialists around the diseases/conditions that most impact our population
- Partner with the local operations leader to design, implement and oversee programs and processes that promote exceptional, personalized care, achieving great patient experiences while driving down cost and improving quality
You are a Primary Care Provider with training as an internist or family practice physician with deep clinical experience. You are comfortable with complex clinical and social needs and eager to care for patients both in a community environment as well as within the home. You are driven to create systems that enable personalized, empathetic care for individuals and families in the community and eager to find a modern practice that supports approaching patient care in ways that make meaningful and real impact to their lives.
The Lead Provider is an in-person role supporting Maine.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- ≥ 5 years of experience complex practicing primary care
- Active Board Certification or Board Eligible
- Passionate about managing and developing clinical teammates
- Love of solving problems through systems design
- Ability to travel across assigned territory with reliable access to personal transportation
- For the safety of our patients and staff, employees in this role must be fully vaccinated with all necessary vaccinations. This includes a booster for a completed COVID-19 vaccination.
COMPENSATION RANGE $250,000-$275,000 for base salary based upon prior experience and market dynamics
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account + match
- Company paid STD/LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Paid Family Leave
- 401K + match
- Paid Time Off
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.
Something looks off?