Social Worker (Greenville NC)
Galileo is a team-based medical practice working to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all. Operating across 50 states, Galileo offers high-touch, data-driven, multi-specialty, longitudinal care to diverse and complex patients—on the phone, in the home, and everywhere in between. Regional and national health plans, employers, and Fortune 500 organizations trust Galileo as the leading solution to improve population health. Founded by Dr. Tom X. Lee, the healthcare pioneer behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo is a team of leading innovators from healthcare, technology, and human-centered design. Our mission is to apply that talent and scientific thinking to transform society by solving our largest, toughest healthcare problems, while at the same time bringing patient and provider closer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Social Worker is an important part of our collaborative complex care model. In this role you will:
- Assess and prioritize the market & population needs and create a network of social resources intended to support our patients’ social needs.
- Create connections with local community based organizations, operating as primary liaison in building mutually smooth workflows that both ensure our patients are getting their social needs met and that Galileo is an engaged and supportive community partner
- Serve as a subject matter expert of social services developing frameworks, processes, tools, and trainings that support our care teams in caring for patients
- Directly serve and indirectly consult on individual patient cases including contributing to patient-centered care plans and tackling complex social cases yourself
- Collaborate closely with providers and health advocates
- Document in a comprehensive manner to ensure that all goals, interventions, and care coordination activities for each member are compliant with professional standards and regulatory guidelines.
We look for passionate people who are invested in delivering quality care to individuals with complex needs. You're passionate about social advocacy and aware of the determinants caused by not having social needs met on a systemic, social, and familial level. You should be excited about fixing what’s broken in the healthcare industry to improve care quality and health outcomes for everyone.
We believe in a culture that fosters teamwork, excellence, and sound decision-making—one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate individuals who are open and honest about what they're looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- Care deeply about each individual patient and energized by the idea of being part of a solution focused team that is is continuously improving the broader system which support people in a higher quality, lower cost way
- Have a background in generalist social work practice, community health and an enthusiasm for applying those tenets in a new, creative way
- Have deep knowledge and savviness in navigating social benefits programs and local resources
- Love connecting and communicating with a diverse group of people
- Have been a part of a multidisciplinary care team and love collaborating with others
- Previous experience or education/training doing great work as an MSW or BSW
COMPENSATION RANGE $54,000 - $81,600 for base salary based upon prior experience and market dynamics
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account + match
- Company paid STD/LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Paid Family Leave
- 401K + match
- Paid Time Off
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.
Something looks off?