DNA Extraction Lab Manager - GS
We are seeking a CLIA/New York state qualified personnel for the position of Laboratory Manager, General Supervisor for our DNA Extraction Lab in Gaithersburg, MD. The laboratory manager manages the daily operations of the Core Lab that processes patient specimens for clinical genetic testing purposes, using manual and automated methods in a team environment, and following established policies and procedures, in a professional manner. Qualified personnel should be able to work late shift and/or one weekend day.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages a group of testing personnel following established standard operating procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting of results to team leads, supervisors, and record-keeping.
- Ensures that all group members adhere to quality control policies and documents all quality control activities, instruments and procedural calibrations, reagent preparation and testing, and instrument maintenance performed.
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance, takes authorized corrective action, and notifies key individuals.
- Detects when test performance is not within acceptable levels. Documents all corrective action.
- Always be able to document that proficiency testing is performed in the same manner as patient testing.
- Personnel must meets CLIA and New York State personnel standards criteria.
- Bachelor of Science degree in medical technology, chemistry, biology, or related life science, an 7 years relevant work experience OR Master of Science degree in a related field, plus 4 years relevant experience; or PhD degree plus 2 years relevant experience.
- Mathematical, computer, reasoning, and language skills at the professional level.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?