Assistant Controller (Hybrid - Tri State Area)
The Assistant Controller leads the accounting team, managing day to day activities to effect a quality, timely accounting close. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this is a highly visible role in which you will work with the Controller, CFO and cross functional management team to support GeneDx with a best in class accounting function.
- Perform certain journal entry and account reconciliation review, implementing related best practices to drive quality and efficiency
- Train/coach junior members of the accounting team
- Ensure internal controls over financial reporting are properly designed, operating effectively and sufficiently documented
- Perform analytical review of the P&L to identify unusual/significant variances, working with relevant finance business partners for resolution
- Assist with external audit coordination
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams, including but not limited to, legal, operations, commercial, HR to proactively identify and address potential issues that may arise
- As needed, assist in preparation and support of SEC filings (10-K/10-Q) and work with internal and external counsel
- As needed, research complex accounting topics and prepare accounting memos for internal and external reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 9+ years’ experience
- Detail oriented
- Big 4 accounting and private company accounting experience preferred
- CPA required
Budgeted pay range: $175,000 - $205,000
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?