Staff Accountant (Hybrid Role - Tri State Area)
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Staff Accountant’s general responsibility is to assist in the monthly/quarterly close process, account analysis, preparation and review of the financial package and related reports, and other ad-hoc reporting requirements.
Some of the responsibilities may entail:
- Prepare journal entries ensuring that all entries are accurate, documented and approved.
- Analyze monthly account balances; prepare reconciliations of balance sheet and P&L accounts, ensure transactions have been properly classified.
- Ensure completeness of monthly closing documentation, e.g., journal entries are documented and approved, supporting schedules are accurate and have been reviewed, all reporting requirements completed.
- Assist Senior Accountant (to be identified) and Manager of Accounting in processing accounting transactions, as necessary.
- Assist in preparation of audit requirements.
- Monitor and analyze monthly account balances; prepares analyses and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts; reviews P&L accounts to ensure transactions have been properly classified
- Assist with preparation of the balance sheet and income statement fluxes on a monthly basis
- Assist with preparing supporting documentation for internal controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong advance knowledge in Excel and general computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Strong work ethics and independence required
- Experience in public accounting firm or public company accounting department preferred
- Experience in Netsuite preferred
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?