Lab Technician, Microarray
GeneDx is seeking a lab technician to support the Microarray team. Schedule: The department is open from Saturday - Friday 6:00AM - 12:30AM. This position will include at least one weekend day and may be in the mornings, afternoons or evenings.
- Learns and follows the established standard operating procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting of results to team leads, supervisors and test managers, and record-keeping
- Adheres to quality control policies; documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, reagent preparation and testing, and instrument maintenance performed
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance, take authorized corrective action, and notifies key individuals
- Detects when test performance is not within acceptable levels, and documents all corrective action
- Able to document that proficiency testing is performed in the same manner as patient testing
- Meets or exceeds target workload with high accuracy
- Other related duties as assigned
- BS degree in medical technology, or related life science
- (0-1) year of relevant work experience
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?