Regional Account Executive - DC/N. VA
Territory: DC/N. VA
Schedule: Monday - Friday Standard Business Hours (+ Travel As Needed)
- Introduces and secures new business, and increases existing business, for GeneDx.
- Accomplishes these tasks through partnership and problem-solving with all call points in the GTS's assigned territory, through consultative selling, education, and serving as the "first line" of account management for physicians, genetic counselors and their staff.
- Accountable for lead generation in an assigned territory, as well as physician, genetic counselor and staff satisfaction with GeneDx programs and services, and coordination of sales/service activities among GeneDx team members.
- Coordinates with operations to ensure consistent follow up and timely issue resolutions.
- Implements agreed upon sales and marketing plans and actively supports development events such as physician dinners and special events.
- Prospects and establishes new physicians and genetic counselors by actively managing a physician/genetic counselor development pipeline and clear illustration and communication of value propositions.
- Promotes GeneDx services consultatively, determines customer needs and requirements and makes recommendations to physicians and genetic counselors of the various solutions GeneDx can offer them.
- Bachelors degree in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Business, Marketing, or other related field
- Masters degree in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, or other related field
- 2+ years in healthcare sales, preferably in a physician sales/services environment or 2+ years of experience as a genetic counselor
- Possess a keen technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to promote multiple service offerings and business opportunities at any given time
- Professional demeanor and communication
- History of integrity and professional ethics
- Works as a team player to provide quality patient care, whether direct or indirect.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Able to handle difficult situations and interactions
- Able to work independently and successfully manage time and territory activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Budgeted Pay Range: 125K - 135K base + Incentive Bonus
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.