Data Platform Business Development Executive
Data Platform Business Development Executive
Location: Remote US
The role will lead a virtual team pursuing partnerships to expand GeneDX’s data platform offerings to various stakeholders in the healthcare ecosystem, including biopharma companies, health systems, payers and others. This data platform business development executive role will be responsible for generating new leads, following up on inbound leads, building relationships with senior leaders at partner organizations, presenting the vision for potential partnerships, drafting contracts, and conducting negotiations by leveraging extended teams across the GeneDX business.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Establishing, building and evolving relationships with senior leaders at partner organizations across the healthcare ecosystem, including biopharma, health systems, payers and others
- Collaborating with GeneDX’s teams including Biopharma Business Development, Health Systems Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Compliance teams to identify, prioritize and execute partnerships
- Leading and supporting data platform team members to execute on the mandate to grow and commercialize data platform partnerships
- Creating partnership models and go-to-market strategies based on customer needs, business performance, market dynamics and competitive landscape
- Leading discussions with senior management at potential customers to understand partner needs, present GeneDX’s capabilities, and develop a joint vision of success and deliver a path to execution
- Relaying, based on market feedback, customer requirements and market trends to extended teams members engaged in building next generation products including Data Ops and Products Development teams. Acting as Voice Of the Customer to help evolve GeneDx’s data solutions portfolio.
- Structuring and negotiating partnership agreements, including in cases where a creative and novel approach is required due to unique client needs
EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 10+ years of experience in relevant business development roles focused on biopharma or data/analytics
- Experience leading dynamic, complex and high performing business development pursuits
- Deep understanding of drug discovery, development and commercialization companies, including their needs, how they operate and how to sell to them. A strong grounding in payor and employer based value chains in the health ecosystem is a strong plus.
- Strong executive presence, customer-focused orientation, and exceptional judgement to ensure diverse client needs are addressed amidst an unstructured environment
- Collaborative team member who is eager to work closely with GeneDX colleagues
- Analytical mindset with experience in data analysis, reporting, and identifying the “so what” behind the data
- Notable experience with conducting negotiations with external partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that enable delivering complex concepts in a simple and compelling way
- Eagerness to explore the scientific, medical and commercial applications of genetic and clinical data
- Comfort operating and thriving in an unstructured and ambiguous environment
- Domain knowledge in genetics is a plus
- A deep understanding of and track record in servant based leadership.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?