Identity and Collaboration Engineer
Location: Remote, with the possibility of travel to an office for specific projects.
GeneDx is a patient-centered technology company seeking an Identity and Collaboration Engineer to support shared IT services including Microsoft M365, Exchange Online, and AzureAD.
In this role, you will design and implement solutions around identity and access management as well as messaging and collaborations, which in turn enable our organizational strategy and tactics. You will partner closely with other engineers and leads to determine the best features and technology to deliver improved outcomes and features to our shared internal infrastructure. You will also work with stakeholders in our business teams for commercial and operations deliverables to ensure you understand the fundamentals of our company goals to provide value to all of our customers. You will be directly supported by the Identity and Endpoint Lead.
With our IT and engineering colleagues, you will work to ensure your peers are able to complete their objectives when they rely upon shared infrastructure you design and implement. Your role is to design and implement plans based on the challenges and problems you identify. Your team will value you for your experience, foresight, and ability to anticipate challenges and work independently.
Experience, Traits, and Skills
- Naturally curious and assertive problem solver, identifies a problem, creates a plan, and executes the plan successfully.
- Expertise with hybrid Microsoft enterprise infrastructure design and support.
- Comfortable with multi forest Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Azure Active Directory in hybrid environments, and OpenLDAP integrations.
- Continuous improvement mindset and strong entrepreneurial skills and business acumen to identify and evaluate opportunities beyond simply managing to an SLA.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
- Comfortable scripting in PowerShell and storing scripts in shared repositories.
- Design, implement, and support endpoint focused solutions such as Jamf, Intune, SCCM, etc.
- Investigate and resolve issues arising from the migration of server objects from multiple Microsoft Active Directory domains and forests into a single domain.
- Ensure consistent and reliable email flow between multiple M365 tenants and third-party security solutions.
- Identify and provide automated solutions to recurring issues reported by support ticket trends.
- Proactively collaborate with colleagues and other stakeholders to perform process improvements, software and hardware testing, technical feedback, and assistance with documentation.
- Ensure all WIP is transparent and accessible within the larger Product and Technology team.
- Complete the consolidation of multiple M365 Tenants, Azure AD environments into a single solution for all company personnel and resources within 90 days
- Execute the migration and consolidation of company applications and systems into single IdP on one domain, to simplify user login experience by end of Q3 2023
- Design, and implement Role Based Access Controls within a single IdP to automate user onboarding workflows and access requests by end of Q4 2023
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.