Service Desk Analyst
Location: Onsite Gaithersburg, MD
GeneDx is a patient-centered technology company seeking an onsite service desk analyst to support IT operations withing our Gaithersburg, MD, New York City, Stamford, CT offices.
In this role, you will respond to IT support tickets for issues both within the location you report to daily, as well as remote issues, which in turn enables our organizational strategy and tactics. You will respond to requests for support from individuals and leaders at all levels within the organization and you will follow established SOP’s and knowledge base articles, as well as troubleshooting best practices, to resolve those requests with empathy and speed. You will be directly supported by the Service Desk Lead.
With our IT and engineering colleagues, you will work to ensure your peers are able to complete their objectives when things go wrong and they need your help to install new software, re-provision access or resolve trouble conditions. Your role is to effectively communicate trouble ticket progress, with a customer service mindset, insuring the individuals reaching out for help always know what the next steps are and when they will happen. Your team will value you for your clear communication and documentation, your organization, and your ability to anticipate challenges and work independently.
Experience, Traits, and Skills
- Highly organized and experienced at self-managing their own support queue.
- Experience creating and consistently following technical SOPs and SLAs
- Collaborative, customer service mindset, with strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise with hybrid Microsoft enterprise solutions and Apple Mac infrastructure support.
- Experience administrating endpoint management solutions like Intune and Jamf
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally.
- Experience in HIPAA and/or HITRUST environments.
- Ensure accountability and communication of ticket progress to our internal customers, and within the IT Service Desk and other service teams.
- Meet all publish SLA’s for ticket completion, productivity goals, and NPS/CSAT scores.
- Promote and champion the benefits of self-service options and crowdsourced support.
- Investigate and resolve issues raised as tickets within Microsoft M365, desktops and laptops, password resets, and other documented SOPs.
- Ensure all Work-In-Progress (WIP) is transparent and accessible to your peers.
- Successfully complete onboarding training and meet productivity SLA’s of at least 16 tickets per day within 30 days.
- Build and maintain a cadence of creating or updating at least 2 knowledge base articles (internal or external) per week within 60 days.
- Successfully close at least 90% of assigned tickets within SLA timeframe within 90 days.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?