Director of External Communications
DIRECTOR OF EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
Location: Remote US
The Director of Communications role calls for an experienced communications professional capable of working with a fast-paced group and whose strengths contribute to building external influence and understanding about the Company and its mission to end the diagnostic odyssey for patients. In this role, you will be a hands-on executor capable of working cross-functionally with our marketing, medical affairs, research, product development, sales, market access and business development teams. The optimal candidate will have proven experience working with media, building and executing on a content development plan, and supporting other integrated external communications with key partners and stakeholders. A self-starter with excellent writing skills, attention to detail, proactive and thoughtful contributions, and ability to execute on developed plans are must-have capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an external communications and amplification program with a key emphasis on media relations, content development, thought leadership, and social media linked to organizational goals
- Lead our content creation process, from ideation to publication, to ensure the development of high-quality and engaging content aligned to our goals and brand
- Collaborate cross functionally with several teams, most importantly those in commercial, business development, medical and research departments to identify and suggest opportunities for company announcements and media engagement
- Manage the end-to-end process of press release development and execution including drafting releases in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for day-to-day management of agency partners, including PR agency, and successful facilitation of regular meetings, PR program progress, and budget and resource management
- Develop and manage content calendar to ensure a consistent and timely flow of content across all external channels
- Partner with internal communications colleagues and our People Team to pull through relevant content and communications valuable to our employees
- Develop and stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices in communications and content development
- Define, monitor and analyze communications and content performance metrics including traffic, engagement, and other relevant measurements, and adjust communications and content strategy accordingly
Qualifications and Critical Skills
- 10+ years of experience in a communications role, preferably including agency experience with pharma, biotech and/or life sciences accounts
- Experience creating and implementing external communications, Public Relations, and Content Development programs and coordination across teams and business functions
- Ability to communicate in a strong, clear, simple and compelling manner
- A natural storyteller with excellent writing skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to drive cross-functional deadlines consistently
- A deeply curious learner and active listener
Some travel is expected with occasionally visits to company headquarters and sites, or other arranged location on the East Coast to meet with Communications team
Pay transparency: 137K - 183K
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?