Revenue Senior Accountant
We are seeking a highly motivated Revenue Accountant to join our growing team. The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606 and compliance with SOX controls. This position reports directly to the Head of Commercial Finance.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance and timely revenue recognition with GAAP, ASC 606 and company policies.
- Prepare and analyze revenue-related financial reports, including revenue reconciliations and revenue recognition schedule.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate revenue recognition of newly signed contracts.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements related to revenue recognition.
- Prepare revenue-related journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the month-end close process.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and other ad hoc financial analysis as needed.
- Analyze and interpret revenue-related data to identify trends and variances that will help provide insight to the business on revenue.
- Assist with external financial audits and provide support for revenue-related inquiries.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in revenue recognition standards, regulations and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Commercial Finance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in the biotechnology or life sciences industry.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of GAAP, ASC 606 and SOX controls.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with ERP systems.
- Knowledge and experience with NetSuite (ERP) and Xifin (Billing System) is a plus.
Budgeted pay range: $79,000 - $91,000
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.