Medical Affairs Program Manager
This is a position to support development, growth, and regular maintenance of the company’s Medical Affairs activities. The Program Manager is responsible for providing management support to achieve the objectives and strategies of GeneDx’s Medical Affairs team.
- Manage Medical Affairs budgetary logistics and support overall budget needs, including logistics around expense submissions, specific project budget management, and forecasting.
- Facilitate and support Medical Affairs contractual processes, including vendors, contractors, consultants, professional organizations, and research collaborations, as needed.
- Oversee and support management for key Medical Affairs operational programs, including the KOL program, the MLR processes, and CME/Educational efforts.
- Support research project logistics and management, including kick-off calls, setting up project workflow needs, managing deliverables, and liaising with external collaborators as needed.
- Support Medical Affairs engagement with patient advocacy organizations, in conjunction with the Medical Affairs Research Team, to manage relationship building, data or lab report requests, donations, event and marketing engagement, and collaborative opportunities.
- Actively engage with process improvement or project development opportunities across Medical Affairs and cross-functionally across GeneDx.
- Bachelor degree in biology field or administrative field
- Master degree in biology, medical, or administrative field (preferred)
- 3+ years project management experience
- Self-starter with initiative to drive projects to completion and anticipate project needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to coordinate a team of individuals to meet project needs
- Highly professional demeanor
- Able to independently solve complex problems
- Experience in biotech industry. Genomic industry experience a plus
- Understanding of hereditary disease, germline genetics, genetic testing methodologies, and the current clinical trends, local standards of clinical care, and client expectations of services related to genetic testing
Budgeted pay range: $104,000 - $118,000
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?