Engineering Manager II - Capability Platform
GeneDx, the world’s leading exome and genome diagnostics company, is seeking an established leader to support the capabilities teams in our engineering platform.
In this role, you will support our engineering capabilities teams, which are leveraged throughout our engineering platform by our product platform teams, which have functions specific to our products and operations processes. For example, you will support our ML Platform & Algorithms team, which works across product engineering teams to deliver ML technology at scale. Other capability teams include our Data Warehouse and Engineering Operations teams, and we expect other capabilities to emerge in the near future. You will work closely with other engineering directors and their corresponding product leads to ensure that we are leveraging our capability teams to derive high return on investment by using a matrixed model for development of new software features leveraging your team members.
You will ensure your teams have clearly defined objectives and are enabled to formulate tractable plans for execution. Your leadership will serve your team with guidance and support, rather than by dictating a plan. You will anticipate and support the team through challenges in their execution. You will collaborate with your teammates in other roles to identify the features that create the best outcomes. You will help to refine our operational models to accelerate the development of robust and modular software that can adapt quickly to the future needs of our customers.
Experience, Traits, and Skills
- Ability to translate executive strategy into objectives relevant to your teams with a depth of business knowledge in addition to technical skill
- Experience defining objectives, metrics, and data-driven development
- Demonstrated experience leading teams tactically though support and enablement
- Contemporary experience with scalable and applied ML tech in a relevant domain
- Strong history of technical achievement as an individual contributor and team lead
- Expert understanding of software engineering patterns, practices, and methods
- Able to anticipate and correct issues with technical proposals before they arise
- Strong coaching and communication skills for developing leaders in the organization
- Establish and achieve a long-term strategic roadmap of our platform capability teams to support high ROI across our all domains of our engineering platform
- Ensure capability teams select and implement contemporary tooling that is relevant and effective
- Ensure technical efforts of capability teams demonstrate urgency for current business needs while creating software that is extensible to more generalized solutions going forward
- Maintain and develop a high-performance staff and culture of engineers acting with empowerment and accountability
- Ensure team partners with other functions of the company to advise on technical possibilities for user personas and stakeholders.
- ML Platform & Algorithms team has a robust platform and has launched multiple services to support platform product and engineering teams before year end
- Data Warehouse team has created an extensible and cost-controlled business intelligence platform that empowers analysts in product, operations, and commercial teams.
- Other high-ROI opportunities to generalize platform capabilities are recognized and supported
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?