Customer Engagement Specialist
CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Location: Remote (East Coast Time Zone)
The Customer Engagement Specialist must provide customer service and laboratory related communication regarding specimen submission. This also includes reporting results to healthcare providers and field staff, as well as handling all customer service contact received by telephone, electronically, in writing, and in person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Report laboratory results using established protocols.
- Serve as a resource to clients regarding test requirements, specimen submission and other laboratory policies and procedures.
- Identify research and resolve customer issues utilizing appropriate staff and resources to ensure client satisfaction. Problem solve.
- Place client supply orders.
- Consent forms, Medical hold forms, failed faxes, and work on all outgoing queues.
- Understand the importance of Quality Service and how it is measured.
Education and/or Experience
- Medical terminology proficient.
- Adept in Microsoft Office applications.
- 2-5 years clinical laboratory, physician's office, and/or customer service experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Speak and write English clearly and effectively.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Problem solving skills.
- Accept change.
- Comfortable interaction with technical staff and other departments.
- Able to operate basic office equipment.
- Team player.
- Embrace and utilize the Customer Service Excellence tools and techniques.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.