Clinical Operations Full Stack Technical Lead
GeneDx, the world's leading genomics diagnostics company, is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Data Applications team within our Data Platform organization. In this role, you will be responsible for collaboratively designing, developing, and maintaining our data-centric applications.
You will be a technical thought leader on a supportive and cross-functional team with well-defined roles and responsibilities. You will work with Product Managers and Designers to understand your key user personas (both internal to the company and external), their pain points, and how our applications can better enable their workflows. You will work with other technical leads and engineers to break down, estimate, implement, and document both technical and user centered requirements. As a thought leader, you will lead the team in determining architectural approaches, identifying technical dependencies, overseeing the maintenance of technical debt, and providing guidance to your more junior peers.
Experience, Traits, and Skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of professional experience in full stack development. A focus on building data-centric applications is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Python, Ruby on Rails (or similar backend language) and React (or similar front-end framework), with a proven track record of delivering high-quality, scalable, performant, and maintainable code.
- Strong Proficiency in SQL for complex data retrieval, manipulation, and analysis. Bonus points for designing schemas, optimizing queries, and ensuring data integrity.
- Any experience working in the health-tech, genetics, and/or bioinformatics space, is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and DevOps practices is desirable.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to debug and resolve complex technical issues efficiently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion, meeting deadlines and delivering high-quality results.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain scalable and robust data applications using Ruby on Rails, Python, React, and PostgreSQL.
- Collaborate with the team to understand requirements, empathize with our users, and translate that information into technical solutions.
- Develop and optimize database schemas, queries, and data processing pipelines to ensure high performance and data integrity.
- Implement intuitive and responsive user interfaces for data analysis, visualization, and reporting using modern web technologies.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks, security vulnerabilities, and other technical challenges.
- Participate in code reviews, mentor more junior engineers, and provide constructive feedback to maintain code quality and best practices.
- Be a key contributor to integrating with the new data platform and building a suite of applications which empower our users to ultimately shorten the diagnostic and treatment journey for patients.
- Ensure that existing and new data applications meet the highest standard of industry best practices possible such that they are scalable, performant, flexible, secure, and reusable. All while maintaining minimal technical debt.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.