Lead DevOps Engineer
GeneDx the world’s leading genomic diagnostics company, is seeking an experienced DevOps engineer to join our Engineering Operations team.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at GeneDx you will work closely with application developer teams to support infrastructure creation, code deployment, and operations automation. You will design new architecture and refactor existing systems, while maintaining current service levels. You’ll use your DevOps knowledge and experience to identify optimizations for existing Developer workflows, streamline the build process, and automate repetitive manual tasks. You will work with Dev teams to design clean and maintenance-friendly delivery pipelines, including incorporating security and compliance mandates and best practices.
In addition to the technical functions, you will possess excellent communication and collaboration skills and bring a strong sense of customer service and empathy to your interactions. You will mentor DevOps team members and reduce work-in-progress handoffs for Dev teams through process, training, and hands-on assistance. You will contribute to a culture of quality and evangelize best practices across the entire Technology organization.
Experience, Traits, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of DevOps experience
- Deep experience architecting solutions in AWS (certifications are a plus)
- Deep experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Deep experience with container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes (EKS-specific experience a plus)
- Deep experience with GitOps and CI/CD pipelines (GitHub Actions)
- Strong understanding of cloud-based networking: VPC, transit gateways, security groups
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools such as Datadog and Prometheus
- Proficiency in Python and shell scripting for system orchestration
- Familiarity with security tooling such as GuardDuty, SecurityHub, Twistlock
- Familiarity with security and reporting frameworks, e.g. HITRUST, SOC2, NIST, a plus
- Familiarity with Linux system administration and security/hardening practices
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Drive the design of GeneDx’s application platform, enabling developer teams with frameworks that maximize productivity and business value.
- Build and maintain cloud-based infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Build and support infrastructure and application deployment pipelines
- Analyze monitoring/alerting capabilities, building new capabilities where needed
- Evaluate and assess new technologies and make implementation recommendations
- Use DevOps principles to reduce build times, increase consistency and reliability of artifact delivery, and build self-service tooling for Dev teams that comply with all company infosec and compliance requirements.
You will work across team boundaries with Developers, Product Managers, Information Security and Compliance teams to identify requirements and implement DevOps solutions. ￼
- Successful implementation of cohesive and consistent IaC across our platforms
- Improved DORA metrics across all application development teams
- Application development teams can own and managing their cloud infrastructure
- Sustainable maintenance and support of critical systems
- Development staff skill level in DevOps and admin automation improves systemically
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.