Clinical Molecular Geneticist
GeneDx is seeking an ABMGG board certified/eligible Senior Clinical Scientist (FT, 40 hours, Remote) to join our Clinical Genetics team.
GeneDx is a rapidly growing CAP and CLIA certified diagnostic genetic testing laboratory for molecular genetics. Our historic mission has been to make clinical diagnostic testing available for people with genetic conditions and their families. We utilize cutting edge technologies to provide a wide array of molecular genetic diagnostic tests, including exome sequencing, genome sequencing and next-generation sequencing (NGS) panels. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. To learn more about GeneDx, please visit our website at www.genedx.com.
The GeneDx Sr. Clinical Scientist independently reviews and qualifies variants identified by exome and genome sequencing, using proprietary software and semi-automated workflows, in a team environment, following established policies and procedures.
- Works with a team of molecular, clinical, cytogenetic and biochemical geneticists, genetic counselors, and bioinformaticians
- Qualifies and interprets clinically relevant variants identified by NGS
- Establishes phenotype-genotype links
- Reviews a large spectrum of genetic disorders
- Reviews and signs-out detailed clinical test reports
- PhD, MD, or DO degree
- Certified or eligible for certification by the ABMGG in Clinical Molecular Genetics and Genomics, Laboratory Genetics and Genomics, Clinical Genetics and Genomics, or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in a clinical diagnostics setting preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of human genetics is essential
- Previous experience with clinical analysis of exome sequencing data is preferred
- Appropriate judgment as it pertains to diagnostic and predictive testing, as well as excellent time management and communication skills
- Expertise in pertinent areas such as NGS analysis, online human genomics resources and molecular test design is preferred
- Discretionary Paid Time Off
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short-term disability plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Internal promotional opportunities
- Employee Discounts
Budgeted Pay Range: $120k - $144K
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.