Director, New Market Strategy
The Director of New Market Strategy is focused on identifying new strategic approaches, not part of the current commercial plan, to drive longer-term business success. S/he will focus on identifying opportunities for our flagship exome and genome diagnostic products as well as new offerings including screening. S/he will back up strategic insights with data and market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of the commercial go-to-market strategy for new markets. S/he will collaborate with cross-functional partners and will require strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead lifecycle management of exome and genome product offerings, identifying new market opportunities to drive revenue outside of current goal
- Develop business cases, detailing forecast, potential revenue, target product profile, investment/resources required and go-to market strategy for new markets
- Drive aligned cross-functional business plans for each new market identified, ensuring plans are grounded in the voice of the customer
- Partner with medical and market access teams to develop publication and data strategy that supports market expansion and drives reimbursement
- Collaborate with the product marketing team to support new market messaging and marketing plan development
- Manages the competitive insight mining process, harnessing intel from across the organization and through desk research
- Deeply understands the marketplace ensuring insights inform the overall lifecycle management of our products
- Act as a champion for change and identifies strategies, in partnership with cross-functional team, for the business to stay at the forefront
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 years in business management
- Experience working in the genetic testing business preferred
- Proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Self-starter, comfortable making decisions with some level of uncertainty
- Passionate about challenges, problem solving and learning new things
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Detail oriented, analytical and data driven
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.