National Strategic Account Director
Two positions open. One for Western US, one for Eastern US.
GeneDx is a patient-centric health information company that delivers personalized and actionable health insights that inform diagnosis, guide treatment and improve drug discovery. The company is transforming healthcare through its industry-leading exome and genome testing and interpretation, fueled by one of the world’s largest rare disease data sets. GeneDx is uniquely positioned to accelerate the use of genomic and large-scale clinical information to enable precision medicine as the standard of care.
The Strategic Account Director is a field-based sales position responsible for growing revenue and opportunities for GeneDx. This team member will be responsible for establishing and growing commercial relationships within C suite and senior executives at national accounts, B2B, corporate accounts, and employer groups This role will complement the current commercial efforts as well as exploring other strategic offerings to align with GeneDx solutions.
The role will provide strategic guidance on the growth trajectory of the commercial partnerships team and will play a key part in defining GeneDx’s offerings while collaborating with internal stakeholders. Responsibilities listed below may be subject to change.
- Develop new business opportunities with key decision makers focusing on core commercial strategic imperatives and opportunities.
- Create new sales leads and client accounts
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements
- Seek business development opportunities with national accounts, corporate accounts, and B2B opportunities.
- Develop and nurture C-suite relationships to secure business contracts and commitments from a top down approach within B2B opportunities.
- Drive teamwork with sales, technical and service organizations as well as develop strategy and implement tactics to achieve sales goals
- Manage and resolve business problems, especially in dynamic environments
- Works cross-functionally through product leads and internal process to scope and develop new channel opportunities that align with companies’ strategic imperatives.
- Share growth strategies leveraging GeneDx’s portfolio of genetic testing, data, and counseling services
- Expands the profile and reach of the company and its brands
- Researches and identifies new markets as well as translating observed client needs into product development priorities.
- Structuring and negotiating partnership agreements, including in cases where a creative and novel approach is required due to unique client needs
- Managing relationships with existing clients and identifying opportunities to broaden our commercial offering.
- Bachelor degree
- Master's degree highly desirable
- Experience with strategic partnerships and examples of success aligning solutions with identified need.
- 8+ years in healthcare sales, different job placement to fully understand the continuum of care within genetics.
- You have a keen technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to promote multiple service offerings and business opportunities at any given time
- Actively models, exhibits and encourages self and all cross functional teammates to live the GeneDx values:
- Openness and accountability
- Simplicity and curiosity
- Rigor and efficiency
- Equitability and integrity
- Humility and bravery
- Accountability and hardworking and rolls up sleeves in service of the work and team.
- Team versus individual first. Always team first.
- Encourages and exhibits expansive thinking with rigor – takes a “how might we” approach to opportunities and challenges.
- Innate intellectual curiosity and ability to diagnose the root cause of issues and understand if it is within our control to effect change. If it is, define action plans to address. If not, raise in the appropriate setting to the appropriate teammate(s).
- Professional demeanor and advanced communication skills
- Demonstrate GeneDx values by acting with integrity, respect, and trust.
- Works as a team player to provide quality patient care, whether direct or indirect.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions
- Able to work independently and successfully manage time and territory activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Available to travel
- Essential on-site and Customer-facing employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination; medical or religious exemptions considered.
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.