Director, Strategic Forecasting
GeneDx is a patient-centric health information company that delivers personalized and actionable health insights that inform diagnosis, guide treatment and improve drug discovery. The company is transforming healthcare through its industry-leading exome and genome testing and interpretation, fueled by one of the world’s largest rare disease data sets. GeneDx is uniquely positioned to accelerate the use of genomic and large-scale clinical information to enable precision medicine as the standard of care.
In addition to the Finance team, Director, Strategic Forecasting works with the cross-functional teams of Sales, Market Access and Revenue Cycle Management to provide forecasts, analysis, and actionable insights that lead to strategic decisions and achievement of financial goals. Reporting to the SVP of Growth Insight and Monetization Strategy, this highly visible role will interface routinely with the CFO, CEO, and Chief Commercial Officer to develop and story demand forecasts, long-range plans, and input into supply plans.
- Develop new forecasting tools and optimize existing models to lead the sales demand forecasting process to ensure operating plans, rolling forecasts, long-range planning, and inputs to the Demand side of the Company’s Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process are properly developed
- Lead a cross-functional team across Sales & Sales Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance to implement a standard Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Advise on financial implications of management decisions as well as proposed business ventures within the commercial organization as it relates to strategic initiatives (i.e. Pricing implications of payer contract negotiations)
- Using existing data and working with the business to drive critical management information and key performance indicators to be utilized during Monthly Business Reviews / Quarterly Business Reviews in support of the Commercial team, including Sales and Market Access
- Proactively identify forecasting and marketing research needs, develop plans, and provide input into business development, business planning, and budgeting processes for sales and reimbursement matters
- Build, develop, and lead a team, as required by the businesses’ evolving needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, statistics, or a similar discipline.
- Applied statistical training such as actuarial credentials (FSA, FCAS, etc.) highly desirable
- Ability to use SQL to interface directly with our systems a plus
- 10 - 15 years of relevant modeling/forecasting experience
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in a management role
- Strong comprehension of diagnostics or healthcare-related concepts and markets
- Understanding of healthcare reimbursement and billing
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Medical or religious exemptions considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.