Head of Product: Lab and Clinical Operations
GeneDx, the world’s leading genomic diagnostics company, is seeking a Product Director to lead our Lab and Clinical Operations Platform teams.
In this role, you will lead our strategic and tactical efforts to improve the value of our molecular genomic diagnostics platform, including high throughput sequencing, assay orchestration, bioinformatics, variant interpretation and curation, and report writing. You will work intimately with Engineering Directors as your counterparts, leveraging our development teams to make our platform products more valuable as they reduce cost, improve turnaround time, and deliver industry leading diagnostic capabilities to our clinician customers and their patients. You will directly support and supervise product leads of our wet and dry lab software tools, bioinformatics team, and clinical interpretation tools, each respectively paired with engineering teams supporting their roadmaps. As a strategic leader of the company, you will report directly to the Chief Product & Technology Officer, and you are expected to independently direct and influence substantial strategic and tactical progress across our development organization in support of your teams’ missions. Your industry-class expertise in broad areas of our general technical and scientific strategy will serve you in interactions with other executive leaders, external strategic partners, marquee customers, and shareholders.
You will make decisions directing and affecting our P&L for the organization you support, and coordinate decisions that will affect the P&L of a large operations organization dependent on our teams. Your 7+ years of experience in a leadership role at established diagnostic, sequencing, or molecular biology companies will enable you to understand all aspects of our business and how your platform supports improvement outside your immediate team’s focus. Your familiarity with emerging technologies, their promise, and the practicality of leveraging them will ensure we have a strategic roadmap balancing innovation and efficiency. Your ability to lead through service of your team and grow a culture of empowerment and accountability will be the biggest multiplier of our team’s success.
Experience, Traits, and Skills
- 7-10+ years leadership experience in commercial molecular biology, diagnostics, and software product development
- Proven experience leading product development, engineering, and operations teams at a commercial scale
- History of innovating more effective molecular genomics operations with software solutions with clear business value
- Strong knowledge of the state of the art and emerging technologies in the field of genomic diagnostics
- Deep fundamental understanding of scalable bioinformatics methods for genomic analyses
- Experience implementing OKR and other relevant business frameworks specific to product and engineering
- Experience and comfort with leading strategic initiatives involving industry, financial, and academic partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to lead through service of a team and model a culture of systemic support
- Ensure a strategic vision and product roadmap for the lab operations and clinical operations platforms that deliver state-of-the-art tooling and value with incremental urgency
- Support development and coordination between the lab operations and clinical operations platforms, along with alignment with operations team counterparts to ensure efficient, predictable, and low-risk delivery
- Be a supportive and innovative strategic partner for collaborators in our operations teams
- Ensure our organizational operating model is leveraged and refined to improve team effectiveness
- Instill strong cultural values and best practices for product development throughout the organization
- Increased reliability, scalability, and cost efficiency of our lab and clinical software
- Improved efficiency of operations driven by innovative and effective software tooling
- A modular and evolvable platform for orchestration and analysis of genomic diagnostic assays that leads the industry in turnaround time, scalable reliability, and cost efficiency
Science - Minded, Patient - Focused.
At GeneDx, we create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science. With over 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, and pioneering work in the identification of new disease-causing genes, our commitment to genetic disease detection, discovery, and diagnosis is based on sound science and is focused on enhancing patient care.
Experts in what matters most.
With hundreds of genetic counselors, MD/PhD scientists, and clinical and molecular genomics specialists on staff, we are the industry’s genetic testing experts and proud of it. We share the same goal as healthcare providers, patients, and families: to provide clear, accurate, and meaningful answers we all can trust.
SEQUENCING HAS THE POWER TO SOLVE DIAGNOSTIC CHALLENGES.
From sequencing to reporting and beyond, our technical and clinical experts are providing guidance every step of the way:
- High-quality testing: Our laboratory is CLIA certified and CAP accredited and most of our tests are also New York State approved.
- Advanced detection: By interrogating genes for complex variants, we can identify the underlying causes of conditions that may otherwise be missed.
- Thorough analysis: We classify variants according to our custom adaptation of the most recent guidelines. We then leverage our rich internal database for additional interpretation evidence.
- Customized care: Our experts review all test results and write reports in a clear, concise, and personalized way. We also include information for research studies in specific clinical situations.
- Impactful discovery: Our researchers continue working to find answers even after testing is complete. Through both internal research efforts and global collaborations, we have identified and published hundreds of new disease-gene relationships and developed novel tools for genomic data analysis. These efforts ultimately deliver more diagnostic findings to individuals.
Learn more About Us here.
Essential on-site and customer facing employees may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Such employees may request exemptions for medical conditions or religious beliefs.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary benefits
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.