Renal Care Coordinator ($10k Sign-on!)
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Interwell Health is a kidney care management company that partners with physicians on its mission to reimagine healthcare—with the expertise, scale, compassion, and vision to set the standard for the industry and help patients live their best lives. We are on a mission to help people and we know the work we do changes their lives. If there is a better way, we will create it. So, if our mission speaks to you, join us!
Renal Care Coordinators are clinical professionals embedded within a local nephrology practice. The RCCs work to organize the care of late-stage chronic kidney disease patients by providing support, education, and care coordination services with the goal of those patients having an optimal start to dialysis.
This position is eligible for a one-time signing bonus of $10k.
The work you will do:
- Assesses patients' knowledge of late-stage CKD and treatments, educating and informing patients to enable them to make informed decisions regarding the steps to manage health issues during the transition to RRT. Provides support, guidance, and coordination of care for patients seeking conservative care or palliative care.
- Acts as a liaison with appropriate staff to ensure every patient and family member (if applicable) receives comprehensive information on specific modality advantages and disadvantages, hemodialysis treatments both at home and in-center, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation and conservative care, as well as education on hemodialysis access types with focus on the health and safety benefits of AV Fistula or AV-Graft compared to central venous catheters.
- Organizes the Nephrology Practice late-stage CKD patient population regarding CKD education, including modality selection, permanent access placement and maintenance and a stable transition to RRT.
- Participates in the interpretation of summary clinical data and its use in improving late-stage CKD care processes.
The skills and qualifications you need:
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in clinical renal patient care.
- A combination of renal transplant, dialysis, or CKD patient care required.
- Understanding of diabetes and cardiovascular disease processes preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Our mission is to reinvent healthcare to help patients live their best lives, and we proudly live our mission-driven values:
- We care deeply about the people we serve.
- We are better when we work together.
- Humility is a source of our strength.
- We bring joy to our work.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. Everyone is welcome and included. We value our differences and learn from each other. Our team members come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. No matter how you identify your lifestyle, creed, or fandom, we value everyone's unique journey.
Oh, and one more thing … a recent study shows that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women and other marginalized groups apply only if they meet 100% of them. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application!
Come join us and help our patients live their best lives. Learn more at www.interwellhealth.com.
See more open positions at Interwell Health
Something looks off?