Senior Product Manager, Developer Experience
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
At Komodo, we partner with organizations throughout the healthcare ecosystem to improve patient care and reduce disease burden through data-driven insights. Our diverse clients have a range of familiarity with healthcare technicalities and we strive to provide products designed to be simple enough for a layperson while also allowing power users to explore our data with all the depth and sophistication they require. The Komodo platform powers all of Komodo’s current and future workflow analytical applications and enables 3rd party builders to integrate with, extend, customize, or build on the platform.
As Senior Product Manager, Developer Experience (DX), you will lead product development of tools to enable internal and external teams of data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to explore, build, and ship with confidence, efficiency, and scale on the Komodo platform. You will play a role as a key contributor on the team to develop services accessible by internal and external users, optimizing for scalability, performance, and extensibility, and driving adoption by downstream services, applications, and users. You bring a high level of technical acumen to the team, and you will serve as the number one evangelist of the developer experience.
Reporting directly to the Director of Platform Product Management, you will work closely with engineering, data science, UX, product, customers, and key stakeholders to define, design, prototype, test, build, and market tools that accelerate Komodo’s Platform product roadmap by meeting our most technical end users where they’re at.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Managed an outcomes-driven roadmap of capabilities and enabled widespread adoption of the Komodo Health platform by providing value for Komodo Health and its customers.
- Drove the Developer Experience team, who will be responsible for delivering a set of IDE tools and integrations such as CLI tooling, SDKs, web-based development environments, and ecosystem connectors.
- Collaborated across product, engineering, and customer delivery teams to reinforce the platform approach and advocate for the needs of different types of developers, such as data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers.
- Defined and enhanced product documentation and support models for our core products using platform workflow technologies.
- Assessed Make vs Buy options to accelerate platform tools and services delivery.
- Prioritized initiatives across company business goals, data and engineering constraints, market evolution, and customer requirements, spanning from more minor features to market-shaping bets.
- Balanced our customers’ short-term needs with the development of scalable technology to maximize long-term platform potential.
- Worked with product marketing, customer success, sales, and operations to develop effective go-to-market plans and appropriate training and processes for feature launches.
- Evangelizes the strategy and advocates for a shared vision that enables Komodo Health to lead in the market and integrate with the most complex technology ecosystems.
What you bring to Komodo:
- Seasoned platform product manager with experience in enterprise SaaS/PaaS models to the extent that the concerns of large-scale businesses are second-nature.
- Extensive professional experience working in a product management role, exhibiting fundamental collaboration and negotiation skills with multiple stakeholders focused on building and launching complex data or machine learning-driven platform solution.
- Evangelist of user-centered design principles applied to the developer experience, which includes the demonstrated ability to evaluate and explain the value and function of well-designed interfaces such as APIs and SDKs.
- Deep appreciation of the needs of technical users: enterprise software engineers, data engineers, data scientists, etc., empathizing with their concerns when it comes to building on top of a platform as part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) as well as integrating with 3rd party platforms.
- Proven ability to approach prioritization between what can be done vs what should be done.
- Fluency with modern platform tools and technologies such as Snowflake, Databricks, Alteryx, cloud computing, AWS, Hadoop ecosystem (Spark or Trino/Presto), SQL/Python, Apache Airflow, Flyte, and tooling for developers & data scientists (SDKs, CLIs, IDEs). May or may not be a former engineer, but brings a high level of technical acumen.
- Experience defining requirements and building tooling for data scientists, machine learning engineers, data engineers, and/or software developers.
- Experience working in agile / scrum SDLC teams with engineering and QA to ship features and products.
- Leads from discovery to delivery, consistently and correctly prioritizes, and adapts timelines.
- Able to join client meetings as a product expert with prior experience having full project ownership.
- Effective oral and highly visual written communication skills with the purpose of bringing clarity to complexity and communicating to inform and influence across cross-functional teams and leadership.
- A thirst for knowledge, willingness to learn, and a growth-oriented mindset.
- Committed to fostering an inclusive environment where your teammates feel motivated to succeed.
Compensation at Komodo Health
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Komodo Health. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.