Sr. Software Engineer (Remote, US)
The impact you will make:
- Build key features in our modern tech stack to help improve people’s lives as they age
- Write production ready code for complex systems, perform code reviews and collaborate on application architecture and design
- Help refine engineering processes as we grow our team
- Contribute to implementation and design of our products in collaboration with product managers, designers and engineers
- Own projects to enhance our aging wellness digital platform
- Participate in hiring and onboarding of new team members
- Guide and mentor other team members
Traits and Skills:
- Readiness to collaborate and communicate with your team in a fast paced environment
- Well balanced approach to providing value quickly without sacrificing maintainability and quality
- Willingness to pause and have some fun every now and then!
- Prior experience in a start-up environment
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Demonstrated experience working with Typescript, HTML/CSS, and React for front-end, and/or Node on the back-end
- Experience with RESTful APIs
Our Leadership Principles:
- Start with customers. Every decision we make starts with the customer and works backwards. We know that customer trust is hard to gain and easy to lose. We value thinking big and creating bold solutions to address customer needs.
- Engage in healthy debate. We pushback respectfully when we disagree with a direction/decision/plan. We make data driven arguments and aren’t defensive when challenged. We leave space for team members to voice alternative points of view.
- Be curious and inclusive. We are decisive but able to change our minds based on new information. We seek to understand alternative points of view. We are hungry to learn about new ideas. We actively solicit different perspectives. We are low ego.
- Show a bias for action. We won’t have perfect information so we make the best decisions we can and work to deliver results. We make 2-way door decisions quickly and are more considered with 1-way door decisions.
- Take smart risks. We believe smart failures with validated learning are wins. We appreciate when people say: I don’t know (but I’ll get back to you), I was wrong (and here’s what I have learned), I need help (and here is what you can do.)
- Take Care of Each Other. We set high standards for each other, but we also realize every day can’t be our best day. We earn the trust of our teammates. We make work fun. We show appreciation for our teammate’s unique perspective. We will celebrate our successes both for what they are as well as how we achieved them.