Phlebotomist / Medical Assistant
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Modern Age is on a mission to add millions of years of healthy life expectancy to the world. We are the first healthcare company designed to slow down your aging. Our medical team uses the latest scientific research combined with evidence-backed treatments to proactively address the most frustrating and under diagnosed impacts of aging. We believe everyone deserves a personalized plan to reach their physical and mental peak and live healthier longer. As a member of the Modern Age team, you will partner with other world-class medical professionals and technologists to combine engaging digital experiences with one-of-a-kind clinics that offer holistic solutions to help you feel your best at any age.
Modern Age has raised over $33 million in venture capital investment from OAK HC/FT, GV, and Juxtapose and launched its first two locations in New York City in 2022.
To achieve our vision, Modern Age is currently seeking an experienced Phlebotomist to join our team at our flagship clinic in Flatiron. Our team of clinicians, including phlebotomists, RNs, NPs and MDs, deliver expert patient care across an assortment of services and share their desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment that values high energy and collaborative problem solving.
Primary Responsibilities of a Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant at Modern Age:
- Performing blood draws for our diagnostic panels per orders from NPs/MDs. Collect required patient health information such as vitals and medical history and working with NPs/MDs to ensure customers are able to receive treatments safely at Modern Age, per established protocols.
- Supporting clinicians by setting up LED Therapy treatments and Vitamin IV Therapies, monitoring patient progress and ensuring a delightful customer experience throughout the treatment
- Contribute to creating a delightful, on-time experience for all Modern Age customers by assisting with treatment preparation including suite set-up and sanitization, materials prep, and inventory monitoring.
- Partnering closely with the Clinical and Operations team to consistently improve efficiency and customer experience for all appointments.
- Orienting future patients to the practice via our consults, tailoring our services to their desired outcomes and health goals
- Painting a compelling picture of the future of aging wellness that motivates patients to action - talks about future possibilities in a positive way and creating milestones to get the patient behind the vision
- Shepherd patients through the process and their next steps, ensuring follow up and setting them up for success in our programs- Educating customers on treatment details and post-care instructions.
- Achieving or exceeding individual conversion goals
- 2+ years of phlebotomy experience working in an outpatient medical setting, ideally in a private practice or start-up environment where an entrepreneurial mindset is highly valued.
- Experience collecting and documenting vitals
- Experience with EMR software required
- Must be trained in phlebotomy and able to practice in the state of New York
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required for clinic operations (schedules typically provided 1 month in advance)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and friendly disposition
At Modern Age, we believe in taking care of each other and that starts with offering our team members a comprehensive benefits package which may include the following based on your full-time/part-time status:
-Employer sponsored health, dental, vision and disability coverage
-Pre-tax commuter, health, and dependent care flexible spending accounts
-Paid Time Off
At the time of posting the annual base compensation range for this role is between $41,600-$52,000 for full-time roles and adjusted respectively for part-time/per-diem schedules and will be based on several factors including experience, skills, and leveling based on interview performance. Base salary compensation offered will be market driven at the time of offer. Total compensation may include other components such as a sign-on bonus, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
You can learn more about Modern Age and our team by visiting us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/modern-age.
Modern Age is following local guidelines regarding COVID vaccinations and testing requirements for employees who work in our studios, in person at our offices, or are participating in any in-person gathering (including offsites) (as defined by local law).
See more open positions at Modern Age
Something looks off?