Director, Strategic Development (Asia Pacific) - CRO
Precision for Medicine
Precision for Medicine is not your typical CRO. At Precision for Medicine we have brought together new technologies, expertise and operational scale to help the life sciences improve the speed, cost and success rate of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. What sets us apart is the way we integrate clinical trial execution with deep scientific knowledge, laboratory expertise and advanced data sciences.
As our company continues to grow, and expanding into new regions, we are seeking a Director, Strategic Development (Business Development) who will be responsible for continuing this growth in the Asia Pacific Region.
This position can be based in Australia, Singapore or South Korea - fully remote with travel. This is an exciting and pivotal role in our continued growth. We are looking for an accomplished Business Development Professional with Clinical Research (CRO) industry experience who can make a real impact and reap the rewards!
As the Director, Strategic Development you will be responsible for business development and sales activities within the company and assisting in program development for strategic alliances. This position functions as the main point of contact for external clients and potential partners in the advancement of Precision for Medicine goals and business endeavours.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Design and implement relationship development and future sales planning within strategic accounts with focus on supporting current program development and repeat business from current biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
- Identify leads, qualify targeted Sponsors, conduct introductory and follow up meetings with prospective clients and Regional Vice Presidents of Business Development, secure RFPs and work with the Business Operations/Proposal Team and other staff as applicable to create proposals for new business.
- Strategically coordinate members of the Executive Team across the business to leverage their respective areas of expertise to successfully bring in new business for the company and finding innovative ways to work across business units to effectively sell PMG services.
- Represent the company at trade shows and at client-sponsored events.
- Work closely with Corporate Marketing and with other members of the Executive Team to design and implement a Marketing program to support the sales efforts of the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations, including data management companies, other CROs and related organizations.
- Update Salesforce or other metrics tracking software as directed to provide metric driven reporting for company leadership.
- Provide regular feedback to the Executive Team on the positioning of the company regarding pricing, competitiveness, and market conditions.
- To maintain close contact with key Sponsor personnel to ensure that client expectations are met or exceeded.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a seasoned strategic business development professional within the field of Clinical Research, working for a Clinical Research Organization.
- A proven track record within the industry in a similar position (Business Development / Account Management / Strategic Development)
- Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience ideally in a business, scientific or healthcare discipline l
- Ability to drive and availability for domestic and international travel including overnight stays
- Experience with corporate management and sales in the CRO/pharmaceutical industry
- Possesses a keen understanding of the Oncology and Rare Disease Development market and the role that Precision for Medicine plays in that environment
- Exhibits high self-motivation, and is able to work and plan independently as well as in a team environment
- Motivates other members of the company to meet timelines and company goals
- Focuses on continuous improvement, including the ability to make proactive assessments on how to make processes more efficient and people more effective
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, as evidenced by ability to deliver on commitments, an understanding of the service culture and positive interactions with customers and teammates, including good interpersonal skills in the areas of diplomacy and negotiation
- Ability to assess and quantify risks to the company, both internal and external
- Possesses practical knowledge of IT tools and systems in use in the company and on the project teams
Precision for Medicine is a precision medicine Clinical Research Organization. Precision’s uniquely integrated offering enables the science of precision medicine by combining novel clinical trial designs, industry-leading operational and medical experts, advanced biomarker and data analytics solutions, and an unequivocal real passion for rare diseases and oncology, in addition to working across other therapeutic areas.
Precision medicine is revolutionizing the attack on cancer—and we are passionate about helping you harness its power. We strike tumors on a molecular level using biomarkers to link specific mutations to specific treatments. We combine deep science with deep data from advanced technological platforms, then layer on specialized expertise in the design and execution of targeted, adaptive clinical trials. Ultimately, we deliver robust insights that inform real-time decisions—and optimize the oncology development pathway.
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC