Director, Cloud and Security Operations
Precision for Medicine
QuartzBio (www.quartz.bio ) is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions provider to the life sciences industry. We deliver innovative, data enabling technologies (i.e., software) that provide biotech/pharma (R&D) teams with enterprise-level access to sample/biomarker data management solutions & analytics, information, insight & reporting capabilities.
Our end-to-end (from sample collection to biomarker data) suite of solutions are focused on providing sponsors information (data with context) – we do this by connecting biospecimen, assay as well as clinical data sources in a secure and scalable cloud-based infrastructure, enabling seamless, automated data management workflows, key insight development, improved collaboration, and the ability to make faster, more informed decisions.
As we continue to expand our operations, we are seeking a highly skilled Director of Cloud and Security Operations to lead our efforts in ensuring the security and performance of our cloud infrastructure. The Director of Cloud and Security Operations is responsible for overseeing and advancing our cloud infrastructure, ensuring it meets scalability, performance, and security benchmarks. This role will provide leadership in building and maintaining a secure and efficient environment for our suite of SaaS products.
- Cloud Infrastructure Management
- Security Strategy and Compliance
- Incident Response and Disaster Recovery
- Compliance & Audits
- Capacity Planning & Scalability
- Cost Management
- Team Leadership
- Vendor Management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in cloud operations and security, preferably within a SaaS company, with 5 + years in a leadership or management position.
- Strong understanding of security frameworks, risk management, and compliance regulations pertinent to the SaaS industry.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing security measures for SAAS applications.
- Deep knowledge of cloud platforms including AWS and Azure and related security best practices
- Familiarity with compliance standards (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, SOC 2) and experience in maintaining compliance.
- Familiarity with DevOps and infrastructure as code tools (e.g., Terraform).
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or equivalent.
- Experience in life sciences or healthcare
- Experience with incident response and digital forensics.
- Provide consistent guidance, fostering professional growth and skill advancement.
- Develop strong relationships across stakeholders, promoting collaboration.
- Inspire peak performance and continuous improvement within the team.
- Set clear performance expectations, offer constructive feedback, and ensure accountability.
- Manage conflicts effectively, aiming for solutions that satisfy all parties.
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC