Senior Software Engineer, Front End
VEDA Data Solutions
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Veda helps patients get the care they need by untangling complex data management problems using advanced scientific approaches and in-depth collaboration. Our technology reflects what our people provide: quality without ego, honesty backed by science, and warmth in an industry not known for having much heat.
Veda is made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out. We are also friends, parents, partners, and caregivers. Veda’s benefits reflect our values—we offer fully paid, low or no-deductible medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees and their families. And, our Flexible PTO policy allows employees to take the time off necessary to recharge and have flexibility to care for themselves and their families.
Veda is looking for sharp-minded do-gooders who share our values:
Collaboration Working together to identify solutions to current problems
Openness Actively listening, sharing and holding space for new ideas, perspectives and people
Integrity Doing the right thing, honestly and transparently.
Grit Displaying passion and perseverance to achieve our goals.
Ready to build the future with us?
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer, you will write high quality code for development projects designed to the standards and priorities outlined by your Manager. Most importantly, you'll be a valued contributor to a team that values quick iteration, embraces new tech, and relies on data-driven decision making.
- Build, maintain, and own Veda’s growing suite of pipeline configuration products and tools.
- Collaborate with Veda’s UI/UX designers, enterprise architects, and data engineers to deliver consistently usable and performant solutions.
- Coach and guide other engineers through code reviews, co-design exercises and pair programming sessions.
- Push Veda’s frontend engineering discipline forward by introducing new patterns and and refining existing practices.
- Constantly seek ways to make significant impacts on process improvement, documentation and cross functional communication.
- You are an expert React developer. You have shipped production React applications where performance and stability were key requirements.
- You recognize what it takes to add value as a member of high-performing engineering teams. You can identify key success factors, inspire a culture of learning, and intervene when goals are not met.
- You have a background in product development, and a love for delivering solutions to business problems on a fast-paced team.
- You have the most fun when you get to share ideas and solve complex problems by applying excellent organizational skills and collaborative values.
- You don’t shy away from the backend, and you have an appreciation for the role of design and UX in frontend development.
- You have built or maintained GraphQL applications using client-side libraries and server-side frameworks, such as Apollo, Relay or AppSync.
- You’re comfortable working throughout the Software Development Lifecycle: refining requirements, designing solutions, testing changes, and delivering in collaboration with Engineering Management, Product, and Customer-facing teams.
Required Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience working in an event-driven and/or microservice ecosystems
- TypeScript proficiency. You will work primarily in systems built in TypeScript
- Proficiency with React, GraphQL, and the React ecosystem
- AWS Serverless Technologies (Lambda, DynamoDB, EventBridge, API Gateway, etc.)
- REST and GraphQL API design and development best practices
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD pipelines and best practices
Preferred Technical Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience shipping production Python code
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines.
Benefits offered by Veda:
Veda is made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out. We are also friends, parents, partners and caregivers. Veda’s benefits reflect our values—we offer fully paid, low or no-deductible medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees and their families. We offer a 401(k) plan with employer match to all full-time employees. We ensure that employees can take time off to recharge and have flexibility to care for themselves and their families.
Our COVID Commitment: Veda is committed to prioritizing the health, safety and emotional well being of our employees and their families. Veda has always embraced the benefit of each employee working remotely, collaboratively.
All employees are required to be located within the USA or Ireland.
We look forward to learning more about you -- apply to join the Veda team today!