Patient Reception Specialist - Richmond
Join Village Medical as a Patient Reception Specialist in Richmond.
Clinic Location: 1600 Jackson St, Richmond, TX 77469
WHY VILLAGE MEDICAL
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Patient Reception Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best Primary Care Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven, and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
VillageMD is a group of collaborative, entrepreneurial, and smart people who are united in our goal to improve primary care, making a difference in people's lives.
Get Stuff Done: We roll-up our sleeves and dive into the details, tackling the work at hand with infectious enthusiasm. We’re highly accountable for our work and the value we add, inspiring others with our constant ability to deliver results. No challenge is too small or too big.
Build Trust: We are humbled by those we serve and the importance of our vision. We invest in relationships with open and honest conversation seeking personal connections. We show respect for others in our words and actions. We do what we say we are going to do. We are knowledgeable, but always take the time to listen and learn.
Innovate: Our curiosity is endless, and challenging the status quo is a priority. New approaches are rewarded, and we are always seeking to improve. We know that changing healthcare is hard, and we embrace the challenge.
COULD THIS BE YOU
You are a detail-oriented and passionate about patient support and providing an exceptional patient experience.
How You Will Get Things Done:
- Collect and save necessary appointment documentation, including insurance cards, authorizations, and referrals, in practice EMR.
- Verify demographics and insurance, inform patients of privacy policies and procedures, and maintain a clean and organized reception and waiting area.
How You Will Build Trust:
- Welcome patients and visitors professionally and courteously.
- Communicate schedule delays to patients effectively and assist with patient comfort if delays occur.
How You Will Innovate:
- Collect patient co-payments, reconciliation charges, and outstanding balances upon check-in, and submit batches daily.
- Schedule patient appointments and follow-ups according to established policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE TO DRIVE CHANGE
- Adept in medical terminology and insurance practices
- Proficient in the use of computer programs and applications including Outlook applications and practice EMR systems
- Competent in basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and make changes accurately
- Knowledgeable of CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers preferred
- High School Diploma/Equivalency required
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine, urgent care, or ER preferred
SUPPORTING THE WHOLE YOU
To help our employees be their best at home and work, we’re pleased to invest in benefit programs that support their total well-being.
- Physical Well-Being: Comprehensive health plans include medical and prescription, virtual care, dental, and vision benefits
- Mental & Emotional Well-Being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Talkspace and access to other premiere mental health tools and applications, bereavement support
- Career: Learning and development, clinician expense reimbursement, and continuing medical education allowance
- Personal and Time Off: Paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Financial Well-Being: 401(k) with match, HSA, FSAs, commuter accounts, team member discounts, life, AD&D and disability, financial & legal consultations
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
We believe building trust, acceptance, and respect is rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way. Employment candidates are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical as a Patient Reception Specialist today!