Registered Nurse Care Manager
Join VillageMD as a Registered Nurse Care Manager in Southern New Hampshire
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Registered Nurse Care Manager to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
As an extension of the primary care physician’s (PCP) care team, RN Care Managers are responsible for providing a variety of Care Management services within a PCP practice(s) targeting patients identified as high risk and/or those who are experiencing barriers to meeting their healthcare goals. Principle Care Management services include, but are not limited to, performing comprehensive assessments, developing patient-centered care pans, providing episodic and longitudinal care planning. RN Care managers also monitor acute facility stays and discharges, provide disease education and empower patient’s ability to develop self-management skills.
Could this be you?
Integral to our Care Management team, the RN Care Manager will be accountable for supporting and improving the organization’s ongoing refinement of care management processes. As a new member of our team, you’ll work closely with our comprehensive care team to connect the dots of collaborative patient care while incorporating patients’ personal health and lifestyle goals.
How you can make a difference
- Actively engage and collaborate with PCP’s and office staff in identifying high-risk patients
- Engage with patients in the primary care, acute and post acute settings to provide support to patients as they work toward their healthcare goals
- Employ motivational interviewing skills to elicit optimal member engagement/outcome
- Perform comprehensive assessments for both physical and psychosocial risk factors that support individual patient needs while identifying and addressing barriers
- Communicate assessment findings, care plan goals, interventions and outcomes to PCP, patients and caregivers in a timely manner
- Monitor patient’s acute stays, perform post-discharge follow up calls and continuously assess risk of readmissions post-discharge
- Identify and support practice needs for structured on-site Care Coordination presence in alignment with program model
- Maintain a core understanding of population management as it specifically relates to high risk patients
What you might do in your first year
- Provide chronic disease education and symptom management teaching to patients and caregivers
- Become an active and contributing member of the multi disciplinary care management team
- Assess medication adherence and perform comprehensive medication reconciliation
- Address Gaps in Care for High Risk patients engaged in Care Management services
- Document clinical interventions in applicable care management software systems
- Develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with assigned PCP practice(s)
- Engage patients in a variety of settings, determined by program models and initiatives
Skills for success
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing demands in the healthcare industry
- A service orientation and a “can do” attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- Displays Strength-Based Approach to collaborative problem solving
- The ability to receive feedback and apply it to work performance
- Demonstrates consistently, strong ethics and sound judgement
- Effectively engages diverse populations (age, ethnic groups, socio-economic levels, etc.) and provide culturally sensitive coaching, education and assistance to members and their families
- Experience in conflict management and problem resolution
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 3+ years of direct, clinical nursing experience
- Registered Nurse with licensure in the state of practice
- Care management experience in a setting that requires assessment, critical thinking and application
- Comfort with technology including Microsoft suite of products
- Utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining and reporting
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.