Senior Actuarial Analyst
Sr. Actuarial Analyst
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
We're looking for an Actuarial Analyst to help us transform the way primary care providers and insurance companies contract.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how as a Sr. Actuarial Analyst you will help reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
As an Actuarial Analyst you will join VillageMD’s growing actuarial department. Where we are bringing actuarial knowledge to help improve VillageMD’s performance in Value Based Contracts with payers. You will help develop models that improve the health of our patients and the communities within which they live.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Build models to help VillageMD identify areas to improve utilization of healthcare.
- Experience rapid growth as VillageMD takes on more delegation through new contracts and expansion of markets.
- Get up to speed on our data model and make recommendations for changes to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the reserve process.
- Solve the problems with hands on ability to execute, not just lead
- Work with our market and finance leaders to understand the results of actuarial analysis and how they can drive improved performance.
- Collaborate with technology, analytics and operational leaders to define project completion milestones and work to achieving those goals.
Skills for success
As a successful VillageMD Actuarial Analyst you possess,
- Experience working on Medicare Advantage Products.
- Experience working with medical claims data and building utilization models.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- An ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
- Highly skilled at using SQL and MS Office based products.
Experience to drive change
- 3+ years of full-time experience in actuarial roles.
- 3+ actuarial exams passed.
- Experience working on Medicare Advantage products at an insurance company or via consulting.
- Experience with the pricing of health insurance products.
- Experience with valuation of health insurance products.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work at VillageMD and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.