Market President - Colorado
General Manager & Market President
Join VillageMD as a General Manager & Market President of our Colorado Market. Must be expert in managed care, total cost of care management and population health risk management, with deep knowledge in all aspects of healthcare delivery. Must have demonstrated P&L accountability and track record of business success, with strong organizational and people leadership skills, strategic planning, and operations management abilities. Qualified candidates will possess strong working knowledge of both payor and provider operations, contracting and value-based care. Candidate must also be skilled in leading in highly matrixed organizations where accountability for business and clinical results are predicated on performance of shared services functions. Candidates will possess 10+ years of industry experience with increasing accountability for business leadership and results. The ideal candidate will be located or relocate to Fort Collins, CO.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Market President for Colorado to help us transform the patient customer experience and the way healthcare is delivered through a primary care-centric model of care. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible, effective, and efficient through solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our vision, mission, commitment to performance excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
We are looking for a General Manager & Market President to lead our VillageMD Colorado team and markets. In this role, you’ll be accountable for organizational leadership, strategy, operations management, growth and financial results for the local market. You will also be responsible for building a high performing team and culture of accountability and supporting infrastructure and operating support required to serve our patient customers, providers and operations staff, provider partners, and payor and broker distribution partners and delivery of analytic, clinical, resources and services to ensure success in a value-based environment. Supported by a national team to establish and scale the VillageMD model of care locally, you will monitor and drive practice and functional performance, remove barriers and develop and implement tactical improvements that drive market adoption and success.
How you will make a difference
- Accountable for market P&L growth and achievement of objectives set forth for financial, quality, and operational performance
- Work with regional and market business and clinical leadership and providers to develop operating plans to implement our clinical model and optimize business performance
- Partner with the market launch and integration teams to drive successful implementation and assure long-term accountability for the VMD operating model, creating a strategically and operationally aligned high-performance culture that focuses on execution
- Develop and maintain competitive market insights
- Establish and manage a high quality, efficient, specialist and health system network to support affordability and referral management, ready access, and patient experience
- Responsible for satisfaction of state and national regulatory requirements and supporting organizational strategy, culture and values
- Work closely with market physician leadership driving market-wide support for business initiatives, soliciting and implementing feedback to improve efficiency and outcomes
- Coordinate with marketing on formulation and execution of market-specific plans to establish name recognition and differentiable brand identity
- Cultivate and performance manage preferred payor and broker distribution relationships sufficient to drive government (Medicare/Medicaid and IFP) and Commercial Segment growth objectives
- Represent VillageMD as a senior market representative within the communities we serve engaging with community leaders and community-based organizations in support of our organization mission, vision and goals
Skills for success
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, with demonstrated ability to successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups
- Experienced and skilled in creation and presentation of well-polished deliverables at executive level requiring strong oral and written communication skills
- Extensive experience required in formulation and execution of value-based care strategy and initiatives to positively influence quality outcomes associated with Star Ratings, clinical metrics and customer satisfaction
- Proven personal accountability for delivering individual and team results, including performance of internal matrix partners and external provider, payor and broker partners
- Consistent experience performing under pressure with a keen sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- Passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution, with ability to demonstrate measurable results
Experience to drive change
- Significant experience working with an employed primary care medical group and affiliates to promote cultural alignment and drive their shift to value-based care
- Strong understanding and familiarity with the Colorado Market payor and broker landscape with familiarity and relationships with key players
- Prior history and success leading and managing teams to deliver P+L results, ideally in a managed healthcare payor environment and/or large medical group operation
- Significant healthcare leadership, strategic planning and operating experience, ideally in a managed care, provider or healthcare services setting
- Depth of knowledge and hands-on experience operating value-based P4Q and risk-based arrangements requiring care management programs and operational infrastructure for management of attributed lives through formal JOC and informal partner relations
- Negotiated provider agreements with major payers and /or specialist groups
- Significant experience managing bi-lateral risk-based payment models with providers and knowledge of how providers are successful in advanced risk-based arrangements
- Experience successfully partnering with physicians and their care teams in a patient and provider-centric manner to effect change and improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results; can quickly influence market partners to action
- Motivated to lead large-scale transformation and change management initiatives
- Documented success significantly increasing the scale of a managed entity, network of physician groups, or an ACO
- Bachelor’s Degree required, master’s degree Preferred or comparable experience
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.
For Colorado Residents only: The target hiring compensation range for this role is $200,000 to $275,000. At VillageMD, compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. This role may be eligible for annual/quarterly bonus incentives (if applicable), and the selected candidate will be eligible for a valuable company benefits plan, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and access to a 401k plan with company match.