Behavioral Health Social Worker - San Antonio
Join Village Medical as a Behavioral Health Social Worker in San Antonio, TX!
Clinic Location: 7579 N. Loop 1604 W., San Antonio, TX 78249
WHY VILLAGE MEDICAL
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Behavioral Health Social Worker to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best Primary Care Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven, and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
VillageMD is a group of collaborative, entrepreneurial, and smart people who are united in our goal to improve primary care, making a difference in people's lives.
Get Stuff Done: We roll-up our sleeves and dive into the details, tackling the work at hand with infectious enthusiasm. We’re highly accountable for our work and the value we add, inspiring others with our constant ability to deliver results. No challenge is too small or too big.
Build Trust: We are humbled by those we serve and the importance of our vision. We invest in relationships with open and honest conversation seeking personal connections. We show respect for others in our words and actions. We do what we say we are going to do. We are knowledgeable, but always take the time to listen and learn.
Innovate: Our curiosity is endless, and challenging the status quo is a priority. New approaches are rewarded, and we are always seeking to improve. We know that changing healthcare is hard, and we embrace the challenge.
COULD THIS BE YOU
You are compassionate and dedicated to serving patients affected by issues such as neglect, abuse, domestic violence and mental health.
How You Will Get Things Done:
- Assess problems, determine appropriate treatment types and methods, and implement intervention methodologies according to treatment plans and organizational policies.
- Make referrals to specialists as necessary and refer families to a wide range of community resources and services that are responsive to the longer-term needs of the family.
How You Will Build Trust:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with community health resources to ensure appropriate patient access.
How You Will Innovate:
- Support implementation of community educational programs.
- Assist in integration of the behavioral health model to provide in-house psychotherapy.
- Assist Medical Director in collaborating with community agencies and develops initiative to further increase the outreach and effectiveness of the Behavioral Health program.
EXPERIENCE TO DRIVE CHANGE
- Up to 3 years of related experience is required for LMSW.
- Two (2) years post-graduate supervision experience is required for LCSW.
- Ability to independently conduct psycho-social assessments and provide treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational, and other diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities, and treatment procedures.
- Independent judgment and skill in utilizing supportive, problem-solving, or crisis intervention techniques.
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and data management software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written; bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- TX state clinical license (LCSW) is required or TX state license (LMSW) is required.
SUPPORTING THE WHOLE YOU
To help our employees be their best at home and work, we’re pleased to invest in benefit programs that support their total well-being.
- Physical Well-Being: Comprehensive health plans include medical and prescription, virtual care, dental, and vision benefits.
- Mental & Emotional Well-Being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Talkspace and access to other premiere mental health tools and applications, bereavement support
- Career: Learning and development, clinician expense reimbursement, and continuing medical education allowance
- Personal and Time Off: Paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Financial Well-Being: 401(k) with match, HSA, FSAs, commuter accounts, team member discounts, life, AD&D and disability, financial & legal consultations
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
We believe building trust, acceptance, and respect is rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way. Employment candidates are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical as a Behavioral Health Social Worker today!