Revenue Cycle Admin Specialist
Join VillageMD as a Revenue Cycle Administrative Support Specialist
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Revenue Cycle Administrative Support Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Revenue Cycle Administrative Support Specialist plays a vital role to the success of the medical group. The Revenue Cycle Support Specialist will be responsible handling the day to day administrative tasks in relation to the revenue cycle. This is a multi-tasking position responsible for ensuring all daily work is completed and worked according to VMD’s policies. The Revenue Cycle Administrative Specialist reports to the Manger, Integrated Revenue Cycle & Vendor Management.
How you can make a difference
- Collaborative interaction with 3rd party vendors, finance team, shared services and other staff members for accurate processing of all assigned functions.
- Following established protocols, review for accuracy and submit refund request to finance team in a timely manner.
- Post refund check information in Athena to reflect appropriately to each patient account.
- Timely and accurate documentation of any activity within a patient account is required for a complete and accurate audit trail.
- Reports any abnormalities in relation to 3rd party vendors to Management in a timely manner.
- Posts misc. payments received at local office and prepares deposit batches.
- Report missing encounter data to Management on a weekly basis
Skills for success
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented.
- Analytical: strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills.
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
Experience to drive change
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant back-end professional fee revenue cycle related experience.
- High school diploma.
- Prior experience in working with computer software including troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills, decision making skills, stress management skills and time management skills.
- Excellent command of practice management systems for billing and accounts receivable, spreadsheets, reporting applications, medical terminology, coding and office procedures.
- Demonstrated success and skill in management of projects and meeting deadlines.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment, and be able to effectively manage multiple work processes simultaneously.
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.